mtbr member

Newfound lake area

hey, goin up there for a little vacation was wondering if anyone had any info on must hits while in the area? All mountain style is preffered but any good local spot will do. Thanks,
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    I noticed by doing my own research that there is a trail called.... crawford ridgepole down 113. Does anyone have any familiarity with that area? Kind of a hike up an bike down kinda thing from the sounds of it. Found the review on Bikerag an some old posts on nemba forums. Anyone else have any must hits in the area?
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

banned
    crawford ridgepole trail in Holderness is the place that sold me on MTB for life. i first rode it circa '88 while at Plymouth State. it's an excellent ride. check with the boyz at Rhino in Plymouth ask for Slade or Shredder, for details. also check out Franklin Falls which is also fairly close to Newfound.

mtbr member
    any info on suggested route to do crawford ridgepole? I have ridden franklin falls, nice trails in there, mighty chicken always puts a huge grin on my face no matter how many times I hit it, props to CNHnemba for their work there!
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

banned
    you can park out on 113 past the Science Center. and head up old mt road to Livermore trail which connects to Ridgepole trail. or you can park at Perch Pond, which is kinda of on the Plymouth-Holderness-Campton town line. not sure what town zackly. but those trails were and still are Flow, with killer views of the lakes region. Big and Little Squam, and Winnipesaukee. cool views north, of Mt. Chocura. again, i would check in with Slade at Rhino for more details. woot. i rode up there a couple of times last summer, it still rules!

mtbr member
    awesome. sounds like my kinda riding. I know people have said it's an all day thing to do the whole ridge, cuz you pretty much go over 2 or 3 peaks, can't remember all the names. but I think to do that you have to park in 2 places? I guess I'll have to call those guys at rhino cycle to get the skinny. Thanks for the leads, can't wait to check it out. Need more of that kind of riding.
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    You are bringing back so many memories. I was at Plymouth State from '92-'96 and the Ridge Poles was a often ridden route. I have not been up there in a long, long time, but I do know there has been many new trails built, just not sure where. Like KidRawkz has said, check with Rhino. One ride I remember doing was Peaked Pond, it had about 20 three-four foot high whoop-di-do's coming down, but sadly I heard a rumor they were mowed down years ago. If you are at Newfound CNHNEMBA just built a couple new trails in the town of Hill at the top of Murray Hill Rd. Only two singletracks so far, but I think there are jeep roads and snowmobile trails over some rather large amount of land. Contact them and they should have more details.

Here is a list of places we used to ride in the 90's up in Plymouth, but you will have to verify if they are still there.

Fox Park
    Langdon Park
    Plymouth Mtn
    Crawford Rigde Poles
    Peaked Pond

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

banned
    Right on. Plymouth has gone singletrack krazy in the last ten years. the flow in town these days is wicked good. lots of new stuff in and around Fox Park. there is a really cool, almost pump style singletrack on the Holderness side of the river. ask at Rhino. Plymouth got the goods!

JDM
    mtbr member
    CNH-NEMBA has started work on a new location called Page Hill that is only about 15minutes from the lake. The property has tons of elevation and some great terrain.

We built 2 new singltrack trails there on June 5th and have two more planned for this year. There is also some doubletrack to pedal around on while you are there. Although it is far from being a true riding destination, we'd love to get your tires on there to help ride it in! We'll be there doing trail work this Sunday from 8am to 1pm.

Check out our map of trailheads for directions to Page Hill and other local ride locations: ****************trailheads

You may also want to check out Ahern state park. There is some pretty technical stuff there to play on.