customized
    Sep 2003

New trails at Kingdom Trails

Can anyone give me an idea on where the new trails are located. I hear there are a handful of new trails that are not on the map.

I am taking my third trip up there this season for two days of blissful riding and would like to see what new twists and turns I can add to some of my routes.

Thanks
    Louis

customized
    Sep 2003
    I have heard that there is at least one trail on the darling hill side that is not on the 2004 map and a few on the Mountain side. Upper Dead Moose? Deader Moose Alley?

I know the Darling Hill side pretty well. Can someone post a great Mountain side route. Something in the neighborhood of 10-15 miles.

Thanks
    Louis

Monkey
    There are two new trails on the mountain side, Upper Dead Moose Alley and Dead Moose Abuse. I have yet to ride these trails but its been confirmed that they are really rockin'

On the Darling Hill side their is at least two new trails, one down by the river that is called River Wood, near Vast and Leatherwood, and one near the archery field (in red) after the long climb up after the river break. And their is Old Webs (in green) that is taken when exiting Border, when you arrive in the field just before the road, you follow the forrest line to your left and you should find the entrance to Old Web, which is twice as kickass as Webs!

Have fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Wow! Thanks for that Joz, heading up with Severum and a couple of buds and can't wait to ride em.

Louis, I hope your printer is working better than mine bud.

customized
    Sep 2003
    Hot damn, looks like we have a few trails to hit this weekend.

Thanks for the directions.

Louis

mtbr member

Another one...

Heaven's Bench was put in three weeks ago. It's definitely worth a gander. Winds through a stand of tall planted pines.
    There is more trailwork going on this Sunday at 9am, if you're interested. Here are the details:

Next Sunday, October 2, 2004, we are a working on the cutting and definition on a new singletrack trail which will run up near the Darling Mansion on the east side of Darling Hill. Volunteers should meet at Darling Memorial Park on Route 114 just north of East Burke Village at 9 am and plan to work until 12 noon.

I, unfortunately can't be there. I do however recommend it to any of you. It's a blast to be part of creating a new trail.
    -Chris

sliprock

Kingdom trails/Riverwood Pic

I turned around to take this picture, red,green and a bit of blue. I was up there(Kingdom trails) on Sunday and had a great time on the above mentioned trails, the fall colors are best in the Kingdom.
    Last edited by atalon; 09-28-2004 at 05:29 AM. Reason: mis-named trail

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    [QUOTE=Jozz]

QUOTE]

Yeah well JoZZ, those drawing would have been nice if you would have put them up earlier! I was looking around for old webs this weekend!

Also, i went on a night ride on Saturday and went into Upper Dead Moose Abuse (the one on the left) and it's pretty fun! I wanted to try Upper dead Moose Alley but wasn't too sure where it was...

Kingdom Trails were really kick ass this past weekend (as always!)... I hope we get to go back!

If either Jozz or Deyv plans on going, let me know, i'll join in for sure!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    No mention of Yo walk reroute. Heartstopping, skinny bench cut and big berm on switchback. Think it's near easy out? It was my first trip there Mon-Tues and we had a good guy to guide, so I wasn't paying much attention to the map, mostly trying to avoid hitting trees while going way too fast. All superlatives are justified.

mtbr member
    I tried both the old webs and heaven's bench today , both are very nice but I have to say that old webs is perticularely sick, It's now my favorite trail on the darling hill side ( after tody's tour )

customized
    Sep 2003
    How do you find Old Webs. Border comes out into a field and I saw no trailheads.

Riverwood is not worth riding over Leatherwood.

My favorite trails on the Darling Hill side are Pines, Tody's Tour, Webs and Kitchel. Not in any order.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Severum
    How do you find Old Webs. Border comes out into a field and I saw no trailheads..
    either find the end of the trail next to the sand pit on violets outback or find the begining of it by going up the field at the beginning of borders ( it's just been bulldozed ) it's pretty well hiden, you should see a couple of small fluerescent flags just before the start

mtbr member

old web

heres a pic of the old web

the bump you see in the middle of the pic is actually a very nice jump when coming downhill ( towards the camera )