Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NEMBA Fest

mtbr member

NEMBA Fest

Anyone going?

Ride and Smile suckas
    The premiere mountain biking event of the 2011 season!
    NEMBAfest 2011

Yeah. Weather forcast is looking perfect. We have the trails all cleaned up and sweet routes that will be arrowed as of Friday afternoon. See you all this weekend.
    "DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY" -Yoda
    www.snemba.org

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    didn't really find it that great last year. And 20 bucks? to ride trails with little arrows on em? I dunno, if they had more demos.... maybe. Where's Yeti, santacruz, Ibis, specialized, etc... I'm sure the 20 dollars goes to a good cause but, find the event lacking and after 20 years of riding bearbrook, the trails are getting tired.....

I'm sure I'll get heat for the above but... oh well. it's my opinion.
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

see me rollin, they hatin
    Im going!!!!

Bear Brook is one of my favorite places to ride, though i'm a little gimpy in the knee so i missed my last group ride there. i'll probably risk it and putz around a little bit anyway. i just like to look at bikes.

THis will be my first nemba fest.

Quote Originally Posted by mcstumpy View Post
    The premiere mountain biking event of the 2011 season!
    NEMBAfest 2011

Yeah. Weather forcast is looking perfect. We have the trails all cleaned up and sweet routes that will be arrowed as of Friday afternoon. See you all this weekend.
    Would you happen to be Matt from nemba? i've spoken with you before, in the Yudicky parkinglot. but it was only once, so i wont be offended if you dont remember
    what kind of group rides are there? i'd say i can do intermediate trails, but at a slower girly pace, and my knee is bad right now, but if there is a good ride for somebody in my position, that would be good. the guys (or shall i say "animals") i'm coming with would be doing faster stuff than me, and i dont want to be left out!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I'm going Sunday. Saturday has a local fundraiser ride that I'll probably be doing.

Hopefully can test ride the new RM Element 29'er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    didn't really find it that great last year. And 20 bucks? to ride trails with little arrows on em? I dunno, if they had more demos.... maybe. Where's Yeti, santacruz, Ibis, specialized, etc... I'm sure the 20 dollars goes to a good cause but, find the event lacking and after 20 years of riding bearbrook, the trails are getting tired.....

I'm sure I'll get heat for the above but... oh well. it's my opinion.
    Thanks Mr Positive.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    what kind of group rides are there? i'd say i can do intermediate trails, but at a slower girly pace, and my knee is bad right now, but if there is a good ride for somebody in my position, that would be good. the guys (or shall i say "animals") i'm coming with would be doing faster stuff than me, and i dont want to be left out!
    There are definitely rides for all paces and abilities.
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Manchvegas, i don't think the marked out trails are really marketed towards locals that know the place in and out. But for people that want to come from afar and ride great rails with no worry of getting lost, it is great. All the best trails can be ridden.

I've been the last two years and am going again.

Last year i demo'd carbon Felt 29r and they let me do the 20 miler with as it was later on and they had quite a few bikes still. It was fun only i should have brought some food with me; the 20 mile course drained me more than i have ever been on a bike.

The campgrounds are pretty decent as well.

My girlfriend rode the intermediate course with no problem. There will be people there that seem like they have never actually been mountain biking before. I get the feeling there are a lot of beginners that didn't know mtbing meant leaving the rail trails. They seem to having fun as well.

Ride and Smile suckas
    We will have rides from Kids to Racers. There will be a ladies only ride on Sunday. There is also a night ride sponsered by exposure lights (Saturday 630).

Nicole. Yes i do remember you from Yudicky. The larger group rides will leave at 10am both days.

There is going to be a 6 mile novice loop, 11 mile intermediate loop and a 20+ mile advanced loop.

Manchvegas, I will save you the $20. Come help for a couple of hours and you can get in for free. I am like that. Wait till you see the condition of the trails. SWEET ST!
    www.snemba.org

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    look forward to nembafest every year! its my big send of start of the night riding season! demo's are always fun and its great kicking back and having a brew or two with some like minded people! i wanna do a SS only ride one of the day snot sure if any one is interested!? ill be up friday night camping through the weekend!
    Mcstumpy-im assuming your matt that i camped with last season? what do you need help with?
    stumpjumper 29 evo
    Jabberwocky
    Gt peace 9'r
    SE Lager

the train keeps rollin
    Wait till you see the condition of the trails. SWEET ST!
    Did NEMBA do a lot of cleanup recently? Tree cut out of little bear?
    beaver hunt

Ride and Smile suckas
    Nick
    We are in great shape. 10am on Saturday there is a racey SS ride headed out, lead by one of my buddies on the NEMBA race team. Save some for the night ride...
    - Same site as last year. I will see you around the fire sir.

Yeah, NEMBA cleanup went well. We cut that tree out of little bear, but we have yet to stop the erosion from the ATV event a couple of years ago.
    www.snemba.org

the train keeps rollin
    Saw a two guys riding ATVs there last week, in Hayes Field, motorheads.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    We will have rides from Kids to Racers. There will be a ladies only ride on Sunday. There is also a night ride sponsered by exposure lights (Saturday 630).

Nicole. Yes i do remember you from Yudicky. The larger group rides will leave at 10am both days.

There is going to be a 6 mile novice loop, 11 mile intermediate loop and a 20+ mile advanced loop.

Manchvegas, I will save you the $20. Come help for a couple of hours and you can get in for free. I am like that. Wait till you see the condition of the trails. SWEET ST!
    Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I would take you up on it an hang out, always like meeting new people into mountain biking. but, I will be suffering this weekend up at the kingdom riding darling hill and the bike park at burke. Honestly though, I've ridden bearbrook so much over the past 15 years it doesn't do anything for me, it's good, close, but it's same old same old. I've tried changin my loops that I do but usually end up doing the same one, cuz it's the best one. I will be back to bear brook this winter, rippin on the quad in the snow.....

Also, bear brook trail is ALL sand.... hard not to erode. The only atv event I know of was toys for tots which happens most every year in december. what atv event happened where anyone was even allowed on little bear?
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    What are the particulars on the kids "race"? I was planning on going to Nemba fest to try some of the bikes. My sons 8 and My wife and I want him to get into racing at some point. Him and I do the last two sections of Hemlock about once a week. He does'nt have the attention span to last the whole day. Can kids stop by to do the Kids ride only?

the train keeps rollin
    Hemlock 2, just rode it, lot's of bushwacking due to some new logging.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Checking in from RI. Can't wait to go to this thing. Me and my busy are heading up today (fri) and staying through till Sunday. Keep an eye out for me with the blinged out black and red Banshee Rune. HOLLA!!!!

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    Hemlock 2, just rode it, lot's of bushwacking due to some new logging.
    They should rename to DooDooFest
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxking45 View Post
    Checking in from RI. Can't wait to go to this thing. Me and my busy are heading up today (fri) and staying through till Sunday. Keep an eye out for me with the blinged out black and red Banshee Rune. HOLLA!!!!
    camping at bearbrook? if so will have cold brews tonight! spot 58A come say hi.
    stumpjumper 29 evo
    Jabberwocky
    Gt peace 9'r
    SE Lager

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hey folks, Eric from DG here. NEMBAfest time again! We had a great time last year.

We will be at NEMBAfest again this year with some good deals on Rocky Mountain and Santa Cruz bicycles as well as over 75 jerseys and tshirts at up to 50% off. Stop by our trailer and say hello.
    MTBR Legal Disclaimer: I am the co-owner of DG Cycles in Epping, New Hampshire.

mtbr member
    Good time this year, the weather was awesome. Lots of families enjoying the trails.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA

i had a good time too...but i had an OTB crash as a grand finale, and boy am i feeling it right noW!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    i had a good time too...but i had an OTB crash as a grand finale, and boy am i feeling it right noW!
    That sucks
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    No OTB, but I planted my side into the hillside pretty good and ended up warping my rear rotor, as well as rashing up my leg.

Still, a good time, and the weather just made it that much more spectacular. It could stay like that all winter long and I'd be a happy camper. Broke, but happy.

Heading up to Littleton tomorrow, as the Specialized demo truck is gonna be there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast