Thread: Musquash is fun

2OFME
    Sep 2006

Musquash is fun

I rode Mushquash for for the first time ever on Saturday. I wanted to get in one more mtn ride before the snow fell on Sunday.
    I got in about 1.5 hours of moderately paced riding and I do have to say that it has a nice combo of being able to "flow" but it also has enough technical aspects that it doesn't get boring.
    I'd say it combines the good sides of Franklin Falls and the technical difficulty of some of the stuff at Massabesic. I like FF, but it isn't the most technical of places to ride.
    The signage is perhaps the best that I have ever ridden on. A map at every major intersection, GPS coordinates, and trail names that you are intersecting. It definitely made the riding more enjoyable for me.
    Just want to say Kudos to the people of Londonderry Trails.
    Londonderry Trailways

mtbr member
    You went without me donkey....Grrrrrrrrrrr. I rode there about 7-8 years ago and it was not developed at all, so now it sounds like it has improved greatly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Glad you liked it. We have more trails to cut in 2013! In the last 5 years it has gone from ruts, roots, and mud to packed flowy singletrack with sign posts at every intersection. I'm hoping to expand on the techincal sections as well with more boulder rollers.

mtbr member
    There is no good riding at Musquash. Everyone should keep riding at FOMBA instead. ;-)

Seriously, it is quickly becoming one of the best places to ride in Southern NH. Lots of great work being done there. Please post trail days on the board so that you can get the help in maintaining the place. I would love to help out.
    That creep can roll, man.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Just out of curiosity, what trails do you guys normally hit. I'm looking for some suggestions for the next time I go.

Competent User
    To get the full Musquash experience, you can go down landing to overlook, to Betty Mack, up the ravine trail, down the white trail, around Betty Mack, to Deer Trail, to Porcupine trail, back on to Deer, then back to Landing to take you to parking at Hickory Hill.

That's not everything, but it's most of everything in a convenient loop.