mtbr member

Musquash Conditions

Anyone know if the logging is still going on? I was there a few weeks back and the white trail was closed from logging.

Thanks

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit2005 View Post
    Anyone know if the logging is still going on? I was there a few weeks back and the white trail was closed from logging.

Thanks
    I was there last night, there wasn't any active logging at the time, but there was a lot of trees just laying on about 1/4 mile of the white trail. I was able to walk around it without a big problem. Also the re-routes on the white and betty mack are awesome! I wouldn't let it prevent me from going out there for that little section that has to be walked.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update

mtbr member
    Went there tonight & parked @ Faucher Rd. That portion of the White trail is totally gone. I don't think they left one tree standing.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit2005 View Post
    Went there tonight & parked @ Faucher Rd. That portion of the White trail is totally gone. I don't think they left one tree standing.
    Yeah, you probably have a better perspective than me because Sunday was my first time ever riding there. I have no clue why they're ripping all those trees out but it sure looks like hell!

mtbr member
    the official report is creating a better habbitat for bunny wabbits.. no, really... I'm not kidding. Obviously it's for the timber money or something, but whatever. It'll give us a chance to shape white trail. Lots of trail days goin on in there the next one is sat. may 11th 8am meet at hickory hill parking lot. The only parts that were logged were ravine and upper part of white. lower part of white and some of betty mac have already seen re-routes this year with bridge building, and lots of benching. New trails are on the docket to be cut in the next upcoming trail days.. there is still great access from hickory hill p-lot and the other lots..
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    the official report is creating a better habbitat for bunny wabbits.
    That's funny. I read the sign and that's exactly what it said. It mentioned something about re-growing small brush which offer protection from predators. I'm thinking as I'm reading this that trees offer pretty good protection too.

Anyway, the White & Ravine trail are now visible. There is a lot of small sticks though which are just begging to eat a rear derailleur.

mtbr member
    Trail map for reference: http://londonderrytrails.com/wp-cont...inal-draft.pdf

Plenty of riding at Musquash right now. Logging looks near complete but for safety stay off Ravine and White trails north of Blue trail. This includes everything north of trail markers 22 and 23 on the map above.

If you want to mix things up, park on Tanager Way and ride the Heron trail to Musquash, hit some trails, then ride it back. It flows great in both directions. Check out new reroutes on Betty mack between 14 and 17 as well as a challenging reroute on White trail between 23 and 26.

There's also a new trail in the works between Porcupine and Heron that will create a larger loop but the entrance isn't open yet. A trail day this Saturday May 11th should help move the trail along. Volunteers are asked to meet at the Hickory Hill trailhead at 8am.

mtbr member
    Please help clean up the parking area!!! I took 3 bags of trash out of there yesterday. Im sure this isn't us bikers but if the neighborhood see's this trash constantly it will cause problems for sure, and make us look bad. Awesome work out there guys, I usually work sat am's so can't help on the trails but appreciate the work being done.

mtbr member
    Another quick update. Looks like logging is complete. Signs are still posted to keep out but I rode through and all the equipment was gone. All that is left is an open field. The trail is still clear and fast flowing. New sections on Betty Mac and White trail are packing down nicely but could use more riders. I wasn't able to make the trail maintenance day but it looks like some new post holes were dug for improved signage.

Next trail day is June 1st. Meet at 8:00am at the Hickory Hill Entrance unless otherwise instructed.