Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Monkey
    Reputation: Jozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    153

    Moosalamoo condition (Leicester Hollow - Chandler Ridge)

    Anyone know the condition of those trails?

    Contacted them via e-mail and on Facebook, still no answer.

    Will be at Pine Hill and Pittsfield next week, would love to hit Moosalamoo while around...

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    59
    The loop is bone dry and rideable but hasn't had any spring maintenance done yet. There are 25 downed trees spread out along the route and a few areas with some uber thick leaf cover. Worth the ride if you're in the neighborhood but I wouldn't travel a great distance to hit it just yet.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GMTrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17
    In case you don't know this yet, Jozz, there's no access right now from Amee Farm Trailhead in Pittsfield. You can either park at Bikram Yoga on Lower Michigan and bike into Riverside Farm and pick up Noodles from there or drive past Riverside all the way up Tweed River Drive and park by the small shack by Green Trail. We'll have some free updated maps in The General Store until we get a final version completed (soon).

  4. #4
    Monkey
    Reputation: Jozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTrails View Post
    In case you don't know this yet, Jozz, there's no access right now from Amee Farm Trailhead in Pittsfield. You can either park at Bikram Yoga on Lower Michigan and bike into Riverside Farm and pick up Noodles from there or drive past Riverside all the way up Tweed River Drive and park by the small shack by Green Trail. We'll have some free updated maps in The General Store until we get a final version completed (soon).
    Yeah I read that. We like starting from the upper cabin, more quiet there. Thanks for the heads up for the maps!

  5. #5
    Monkey
    Reputation: Jozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytvt View Post
    The loop is bone dry and rideable but hasn't had any spring maintenance done yet. There are 25 downed trees spread out along the route and a few areas with some uber thick leaf cover. Worth the ride if you're in the neighborhood but I wouldn't travel a great distance to hit it just yet.
    I see, will have to stop by later this summer. Thanks for the update.

  6. #6
    the train keeps rollin
    Reputation: snowdrifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,203
    Hi, status of this area? Conditions, proper place to park, thanks.
    beaver hunt

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pistol79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    Hi, status of this area? Conditions, proper place to park, thanks.
    I'm not sure about the current conditions but there are three different spots to park. Minnie Baker Trial Head on Rt. 53 in Leicester. Just north of the Brandon town line. Silver Lake Trail Head (Lana Falls) on Rt. 53 a few miles north of the Minnie Baker Trail Head. And Silver Lake East Trial Head of from forest road #27.

    Maps Moosalamoo Association
    2011 Yeti 575 Race
    2008 Gary Fisher Piranha

Similar Threads

  1. Leicester Hollow/Chandler Ridge
    By OldIcehouse in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18 Hours Ago, 07:51 AM
  2. Leister Hollow / Chandler Ridge
    By mark439 in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 03:45 AM
  3. Horse Ridge Trail Condition
    By jjMarS in forum Oregon
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 08:01 AM
  4. Gap / Long Ridge condition?
    By Loll in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 04:34 PM
  5. Sandy Ridge trail condition
    By edispilf in forum Oregon
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •