mtbr member

Maine Riding Near Boothbay Harbor?

I'm coming up to Maine this weekend for a wedding and have Saturday morning free to try and get an MTB ride in. Is there anything near Boothbay Harbor that anyone could recommend? Not looking to injure myself on anything crazy so some fast and flowy singletrack would be nice.
    Thanks for any insight!

mtbr member
    I know of very little near BB Harbor(on the peninsula). Bradbury Mountain SP outside Freeport is nice but about an hour away. You could also head to Camden Snow Bowl. Also a little over an hour.

You will pass Bath Bike and Ski in Woolwich on rt. 1 on your way there. Stop in and ask them. They will know of any trails near BB.

Retail Store

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by likeaboss View Post
    I know of very little near BB Harbor(on the peninsula). Bradbury Mountain SP outside Freeport is nice but about an hour away. You could also head to Camden Snow Bowl. Also a little over an hour.

You will pass Bath Bike and Ski in Woolwich on rt. 1 on your way there. Stop in and ask them. They will know of any trails near BB.

Retail Store
    Great, thanks! Bradbury is also all that I came up with so I'll probably head over there. I found a GPX track of the race loop through there so I'll check that out and some other stuff on Saturday AM. Or I'll scrap it all and bring the cross bikes since the wedding happens at 3 PM on Saturday and we may be strapped for time.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I used to live in Boothbay for a long time. Not a lot of places to MTB. Riding bikes at some of the land trust parcels used to be acceptable (at least no one ever told me otherwise), but I don't know about that anymore. There is some fun (albeit usually muddy) riding to be had along a typical Maine powerline ATV trail. You can start behind the "small mall" (across from Hannaford) and ride most of the way to Edgecomb. At least you used to. You used to be able to get most of the way to East Boothbay if you knew where you were going too.
    There have never been too many cyclists in Boothbay in general. Most people focus on the ocean (rightly so) when they're there. I would highly recommend stopping by Tidal Transit Kayak Company and renting a boat or going on a tour with them. I worked there for 8+ years and I wish I still did. Back when I worked there, we did bike repairs and rentals too, but I don't think they bother anymore.
    Have fun in my old hometown!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    After reading your other post, I'd say either plan to ride Bradbury, or skip bikes and just go kayaking!

mtbr member
    There is a bunch of riding in bath. It is off the radar. Talk to guys at bath cycle and ski on route 1.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Talk to the guys at Bath Cycle & Ski no matter what. That place is legendary!

mtbr member
    We went to Bradbury and it was awesome.