Thread: Maine

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Maine

This is basically a thread for anything to do with maine. So trails, photos, riding experiences, events, etcetera.

banned
    Sep 2008
    no. Vermont only.

rog

mtbr member
    Toddski, knows Maine.

cranktankerous Mainer

Maine

Maine, it has strange road kill. Attachment 820827
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maine-squid.jpg  

Last edited by Toddski; 08-23-2013 at 07:55 AM.
    Been there, done that... don't remember it.
    Tallboy LTc & Bronson

mtbr member
    I did some gravel road riding up through Baxter this past weekend, gate to gate and back. Great ride on the cross bike with very little traffic on the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maine-baxter.jpg  

Masher
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    no. Vermont only.
    You're right, we got nothin' in Maine. Please stay in VT.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Can I come hang out in Maine, please? Don't worry I'm not one of the Vermont weirdos :P

banned
    Jun 2007
    Honestly, riding in Maine is good, but the goods are odd.
    Many trails on private land keep lips sealed, and online posting line has caused
    access issues, so expect limited replies. Here are some legit trails to hit,
    best to keep moving, and to slather yourself in bug dope.
    --------
    York/Wells: Mt. Agemenucus / Aggie
    K-Port: Smith Preserve
    Biddeford: Clifford Park
    Portland: Presumpscot River, Evergreen Cemetery, Fore River, Pride's Corner
    Freeport/Pownal: Bradbury State Park (busy on weekends)
    Gray: Libby Hill
    Windham: Lowell Preserve
    ------
    Other nearby stuff does exist, yet most will tell ya that "ya can't get theyuh from heyuh"!

mtbr member
    I will add:

Cumberland: Greely Loop - nice flowy ST and a good climb
    Falmouth: Blackstrap Hill - Being developed by Allspeed
    Westbrook: Rocky Hill - behind Congdin school
    Cape Elizabeth: Greenbelt trails off Summit St.
    Augusta: Bond Brook - Nice flow trails being develop by MM NEMBA
    Belgrade Lakes: Kennebec land trust - Big climbs on DT, some hike-a-bike ST

The loops we ride a lot are Bradbury, Greely, Smith and Presumpscot.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    CeMeNEMBA (Central Maine) maintains trails at;
    The Res - Hallowell (fast, fun, & flowey singletrack, rock quarry's, new section "The Junk Yard")
    Bond Brook - Augusta (check out "wanna-be" -mini sidewinder, also home of Tread Fest in October)
    Pine Ridge - Waterville (fun singletrack, bridges, jumps, OMG, and "the Canyon")

In addition there's good riding at;
    Androscoggin Riverlands SP - Turner (lot's of tech, and you get to climb "The Beast")
    Range Pond SP - Poland (4.5 miles of tight twisty singletrack across the road from the main entrance, noob friendly)
    Summerhaven - Augusta (our go-to spot for wet conditions, mostly bermed ATV trails but wicked fun)

Honorable mention if your in the neighborhood;
    Mt Apatite - Auburn (5k multi use trail, old quarry roads, limited singletrack but fun)
    Last edited by Onestep4me; 08-12-2013 at 06:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Where do I find trail maps on all those areas? I have picked my way through bond brook but the online maps are incomplete.

Summer haven is fun but has really gotten hacked up by atvs. Used to be a great bermed trail there and some nice singletrack. Definitely better when wet. Dry sand sucks.

BTW, we used to be members on cemenemba about 15 years ago and rode with the group back then. Living in Portland now but have a camp in Belgrade so always looking to find more ST in that area.

It would be great to see those folks develop some ST in the Kennebec highlands.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by likeaboss View Post

It would be great to see those folks develop some ST in the Kennebec highlands.
    Stay tuned, it's work in progress!

as for maps, well, I don't know of any but we ride Wednesday night alternating between the Res, Bond Brook, and Pine Ridge. Come join us!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onestep4me View Post
    Stay tuned, it's work in progress!

as for maps, well, I don't know of any but we ride Wednesday night alternating between the Res, Bond Brook, and Pine Ridge. Come join us!
    Thanks, I would love to learn some of those other areas, but getting up there in time after work would be difficult for us. Do you ever do group rides on weekends?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Very cool guys. I live in Lewiston and work in Scarborough. I have to find out where to pick up the Greenbelt as they are about 5 miles from work. How are they? I like technical ST. I also would like some more details on the trails in the Augusta area, I would love some change of scenery. Bradbury and Blackstrap are good fun as is Evergreen and Presumpscot river trails for a speed ride before work. Here is a pic, anyone know where it is???

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

mtbr member
    I know they love their Alan's coffee brandy up there in Maine real pissa.

fuggansonofahowa
    ufuggansonofahowa, stop pokin' fun of us.

I'm going riding today & tomorrow. I'm going to do some exploring. Greely sounds like it's worth hitting.

Maine Trails

Seems to be a fairly good site. I see some missing loops at Range S.P.....but the trails I frequent do match pretty well with my GPS mappings.

(am I letting the cat of the bag - I'm a bad Mainer)

mtbr member
    Greely is fun if you know the trails. I have put together a fun short loop. About 5 mi. Good for after work. Unfortunately there has been some logging near Blanchard rd.

Masher
    Aug 2007
    You live by Bruce Hill? I do. The logging damage is minimal, I only saw that one singletrack get thrashed in a couple places, but please don't work on fixing any sections of trail yet, NEMBA (specifically me) is involved with the Land Trust to coordinate fixing this once logging is complete...!

CB of the East
    I use the Maine Snowmobile maps as a guide. This is the Maine ITS map with links to local snowmobile trails. MapRoom: Maine Snowmobile Trails Some sections of snowmobile trails get closed in the summer because they are too wet or are being used as farmland but most of them are still open and ride-able. You always have the argument that the land owner must have given consent for trail use. Some get posted "NO ATVs" which is fine by me because ATV riders don't seem to be happy unless they are destroying trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbum View Post
    You live by Bruce Hill? I do. The logging damage is minimal, I only saw that one singletrack get thrashed in a couple places, but please don't work on fixing any sections of trail yet, NEMBA (specifically me) is involved with the Land Trust to coordinate fixing this once logging is complete...!
    Yes. The section I am talking about is the ST that is between Greely ext and Blanchard rd. Good to know that it is being addressed. We always start at the end of Greely rd. and use that loop as a warm up before riding the ST on Bruce hill.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Onestep4me View Post
    CeMeNEMBA (Central Maine) maintains trails at;
    The Res - Hallowell (fast, fun, & flowey singletrack, rock quarry's, new section "The Junk Yard")
    Bond Brook - Augusta (check out "wanna-be" -mini sidewinder, also home of Tread Fest in October)
    Pine Ridge - Waterville (fun singletrack, bridges, jumps, OMG, and "the Canyon")

In addition there's good riding at;
    Androscoggin Riverlands SP - Turner (lot's of tech, and you get to climb "The Beast")
    Range Pond SP - Poland (4.5 miles of tight twisty singletrack across the road from the main entrance, noob friendly)
    Summerhaven - Augusta (our go-to spot for wet conditions, mostly bermed ATV trails but wicked fun)

Honorable mention if your in the neighborhood;
    Mt Apatite - Auburn (5k multi use trail, old quarry roads, limited singletrack but fun)

This pine ridge in Waterville sounds interesting, can you give any more details?

Such as, with a novice girlfriend would the hour or so drive north from Portland be worth it? And location obviously.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbum View Post
    Fishbum, I rode Bruce Hill last night and the ST by Blanchard road looks great. Thanks for the effort.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    If you happen to have an "open mind" there are thousands upon thousands of miles of places to ride in Maine. Some may not be officila bike trails, but like others, I ride snowmobile trails a good part of the time... I'm lucky to live in an area where there are over a 2000 miles of trails/gravel roads, so am open to whatever the weather conditions permit. (western Maine)

Does anyone here Fatbike? Just bought one myself, so an anxious to see/feel the difference.

Stubby-legged
    Jun 2006
    Find a good spot to hang up your other mtn. bikes. Once you fatbike (verb), you will realize those Alaskans built Fatbikes for us here in Maine!

Less yappin, more Brappin

Snow ride in Portland

mtbr member
    Nice. rode Bradbury the last couple of weekends in the dustings we received. Going to try and get out on Saturday before the big stuff comes down.
    Last edited by likeaboss; 12-11-2013 at 10:27 AM.

banned
    Sep 2008
    did a nice snow ride from the house this am in York on the new fatty. just a half inch or so, but nice to leave a fresh track. sunday am could be sweet with 6psi before it gets "too" deep. good incentive to run multiple laps on the towny trails

rog

CB of the East
    Nice, I did a pre-snow ride on Sunday around rattlesnake Mt area. A snow fat-bike commute on the way home leg on Monday and a snow trail ride in today on the non-fat bike. I tell you what, making a trail through 3-4" of powder burns off some calories.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I know the thread is old but i though i would add few that appear to be missing.
    In Gray, off route 26, across from the Hannaford behind a school. is a nice network of trails. some are fat and smooth others are tighter-technical. good option for other begginers.
    Egypt road. Gray/Raymond line. fast graval fire road. some wash outs but worth the speed.

banned
    Jun 2007

Re: Maine

Quote Originally Posted by BJosePHD View Post
    I know the thread is old but....
    Egypt road. Gray/Raymond line. fast graval fire road. some wash outs but worth the speed.
    If interested in some tech...
    After the gate at the top of the first climb look right "nature trail" expect to climb, stay on the ridge, do not drop to the right. X the bog on the 200' bridge (thanks MOAC) do not cross back over the stream, keep it on your left. In .5 mi you'll find some really fun stuff, and one big surprise!

(tapa)

fuggansonofahowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    After the gate at the top of the first climb look right "nature trail" expect to climb, stay on the ridge, do not drop to the right. X the bog on the 200' bridge (thanks MOAC) do not cross back over the stream, keep it on your left. In .5 mi you'll find some really fun stuff, and one big surprise!

(tapa)
    Are you telling me there has been some trail work done in Morgan Meadow? A 200' bridge? I seem to remember a 20' bridge a few years back.

@BJosePHD
    What you describe is Libby Hill.....mentioned in earlier thread, but always worth a second mention.

CB of the East
    Hey Hawseman, we still need to get together and do a ride. I'm a whole 1/2 mile away. It's been so wet I haven't pulled the studs off the mountain bikes yet but I'm about ready.

There is some nice singletrack on the top of Mount Hunger in Raymond (if you can find it). I'm not sure who made it but it is on par with Libby Hill or better. It looks like somebody did a lot of work on it.

banned
    Jun 2007

Re: Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Hawseman View Post
    Are you telling me there has been some trail work done in Morgan Meadow? A 200' bridge? I seem to remember a 20' bridge a few years back.
    In 2009, for national trail days MOAC did a project to improve the nature trail. We built (with permission) a bridge on the nature trail to span a bog. It is located 300 yds. from the 20' bridge that you mention.

Used to live on Little Sebago, and rode, or walked my dog there often. The adjoining property owners had been cutting access trails for ATV's, and causing issues. So, I got involved with IF&W, and any trail work done was only to existing trails, none were added. I was in process of having all of the Morgan Meadows trails mapped when they logged it in the fall of '09.

Before I was able to complete this, I moved to VA. To my knowledge this has not been done.

The logging wrecked a great singletrack section that completed the Glover Whig loop. Since it is designated a WMA, the state has no obligation to repair trail damage, or to acknowledge that any trails exist within MM.

(tapa)

fuggansonofahowa
    In 2009, for national trail days MOAC did a project to improve the nature trail. We built (with permission) a bridge on the nature trail to span a bog. It is located 300 yds. from the 20' bridge that you mention.

Used to live on Little Sebago, and rode, or walked my dog there often. The adjoining property owners had been cutting access trails for ATV's, and causing issues. So, I got involved with IF&W, and any trail work done was only to existing trails, none were added. I was in process of having all of the Morgan Meadows trails mapped when they logged it in the fall of '09.

Before I was able to complete this, I moved to VA. To my knowledge this has not been done.

The logging wrecked a great singletrack section that completed the Glover Whig loop. Since it is designated a WMA, the state has no obligation to repair trail damage, or to acknowledge that any trails exist within MM.

(tapa)
    Yeah, there was a nice loop that went down to (almost) to Valley Road prior to the logging in '09. Pretty much wiped it out past the power lines. The Gray side of the meadow was usually soupy this time of year....always was a better late-season trail. I need to revisit this soon to survey the ride-worthy-ness. I miss that old ride....was fun. I actually ran into a skipper on that trail.....screamed like a little girl, I did.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Vary cool, if i had not see this, honestly i may not have gone back. looks like it will be worth mother look!

fuggansonofahowa
    Quote Originally Posted by bedwards1000 View Post
    Hey Hawseman, we still need to get together and do a ride. I'm a whole 1/2 mile away. It's been so wet I haven't pulled the studs off the mountain bikes yet but I'm about ready.

There is some nice singletrack on the top of Mount Hunger in Raymond (if you can find it). I'm not sure who made it but it is on par with Libby Hill or better. It looks like somebody did a lot of work on it.
    Neighbor! sent you a PM.

Did Hunger last night with the squeeze - she has a nice new C-Dale Lexi. A lot nicer than my bike. I was initially saddened by the logging I saw below the cell tower, but that little piece of windy singletrack is mostly together . Not sure if you know about that one. I still consider it my go-to, after work ride. You're a football field from there. The Windham side of Hunger is nothing like it used to be, but it's still pedal time in the woods for me!

We only did the upper single track a quarter mile or so to check conditions. Had the pug dog and didn't want to kill him. Still a little damp, but passable. My wife liked the trail. She'll be a little more frustrated when we hit the singletrack turnoff near Little Sebago. Fairly technical.

banned
    Jun 2007
    Open up your Gazateer, and follow the FR (271?) north from the Gray/Raymond line on the Egypt Rd.
    Look for the feature called "Glover's Whig" to the East of Sandy Stream, it has the goods, and the trails hold up well to water.
    Discovered this feature while snowshoeing, and taking a swim in the stream. If you miss the nature trail, when the gravel road crosses the stream look right in 100' there is/was a singletrack that follows the stream to that old 20' bridge. There is also another entrance off the fire road 0.2 miles before the powerline crosses.

There are loops that start from the nature trail, that continue to connect to the power line, cross it then re-connect with the Loop Trail. This is where the logging completely buried the trail, yet if you come from the South you may be able to follow it. Sure that in the past 4 years it has become overgrown, but it should be able to be found. Am also familiar with the Gray side of MM, and have donated my fair share of blood to the resident blackfly, skeeters & deer flies.

Know that these existing trails are able to be maintained, and that no new trails can be cut.

fuggansonofahowa
    Thanks, Flyin

Got a spankin' new Gazateer. I'll have to check it out. I have all of the old trail maps from MM. None of them really show the new nature trail, though. I did see that bridge last time there, just couldn't make out the trail on other side. I used to peak the ridge from the Gray side....a heart-exploding climb. That part of the trail was pretty much gone a couple years ago.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Just rode Libby Hill area yesterday on my way from Bethel,Me back to MA. Libby Hill was pretty, lots of nice looking trees, but the terrain was kind of tame. Good place to bring kids though. I ride mostly around the Bethel area, but will be looking to trying some new Maine areas over the summer. Next winter I'll breaking out the fat bike too, I guess you can ride a lot of the snow mobile trails on the Bethel area and the snowmo clubs are cool with it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    If you ride in the Bethel area, when you get around to riding your fatbike, check out the snowmobile trails in nearby Andover. Andover has the most mapped trails in the state, so lots of options.

banned
    Sep 2008
    i lived in bethel for 7 years from 93-2000 and used to ride from bethel to round pond norway and back via snowmo/duotrack and some singletrack. 50+- mile ride depending.

sooooo much riding all over that area.

rog

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    You're right, there definitely is. From Andover it seems that I can hit ay town/city in Maine, NH or Canada that has a decent set of trails. And then of course, you have the thousands of miles of dirt roads that are growing all the time. Although it may be difficult to earn a living at times, it certainly is an outdoor paradise.

banned
    Sep 2008
    ya summers were all about working evenings from 3-11 3 days a week and riding from 9am-1pm +- pretty much every day. rent was only 150.00 per month including. zero car payment, zero car insurance payment (nh plates). health insurance with decent coverage was only 280.00 every 3 months. boy did the ole fully rigid stumpy get a workout.

a regular am ride was to leave the apartment in bethel, ride the 6 miles to the mountain, ride great single and doubletrack up north peak, descend, then climb all of the way to the top of whiteheat, then descend all of the way down then the 6 miles back to town. then get ready for work.

the trail network for xc riding back then was much more vast than it is now. the old ketchum trail, and monkey brook made for some nice longer loop options.

that golf course out in jordan wiped that stuff out

nice morning today for some more riding and trail building

rog

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Interesting that you should mention Monkey Brook and Ketchum; I was a mechanic in the bike park in those days. I remember the old trails well, and was bummed when most of that went away. Andover was much the same with more trails being more singletrack. but the addition of 4 wheelers changed that.

You definitely had some great rides while living in Bethel! Did you race at all then?

banned
    Sep 2008
    Ah keep it goin, flat n um, ketchum, something forest, monkey brook, back door. What was that trail from barker to locke summit? Nobby! Loved those sticky spongy specialized umma gumma tires! Killer grip on rock.

Great rides back then. Enough hours put in the saddle to last 10 lifetimes. 20 hour ride weeks and whatnot without a need or care for a road bike ever

I did race back then in the maine point series and would do the vt 50 when you could just show up the night before or the morning of and sign up as it would never fill up. Having to pre-reg is so fvcking lame.

Vt 50 got lame after 2002.

Good memories. I'm sure you and i crossed paths or even rode together.

rog

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    We probably did cross paths in the mtn bike shop... although I will admit that although I rode lots, I was more of a roadie until the fall months rolled around. Commuted back and forth from Andover, and like you said, had a great time with very little stress or worries. Ummm time to figure out how to go back there HA!!!

Enjoy the weather tomorrow, sounds like it may be the best day of spring!

fuggansonofahowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nail Every Trail View Post
    Just rode Libby Hill area yesterday on my way from Bethel,Me back to MA. Libby Hill was pretty, lots of nice looking trees, but the terrain was kind of tame. Good place to bring kids though. I ride mostly around the Bethel area, but will be looking to trying some new Maine areas over the summer. Next winter I'll breaking out the fat bike too, I guess you can ride a lot of the snow mobile trails on the Bethel area and the snowmo clubs are cool with it.
    Did you ride the Outback or Harold Libby single tracks? I haven't ridden those for a couple of years. There are nice transitions and some tight rock arrangements on those trails....last time I rode them anyway.

There are also some technical un-groomed trails on the backside (Little Sebago) of Libby Hill. These are 4-wheeler trails and provide a good New England-style mix of terrain.....mud, sand, gravel, rocks and hard-pack. Broke two front teeth and a thumb there last year.

Trail Maps | Libby Hill Trails

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffss View Post
    Oh man how did i miss this? Its a great picture! Is it a 5.5?
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    Can someone give meany feed back on the trails in and around Bath? My family has a camp in Phippsburgh Me, Im thinking of heading up to Camden to ride the trail at the snow bowl. We have gone to Bradbury SP. Would love to find some real back country trails out there

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawseman View Post
    Did you ride the Outback or Harold Libby single tracks? I haven't ridden those for a couple of years. There are nice transitions and some tight rock arrangements on those trails....last time I rode them anyway.

There are also some technical un-groomed trails on the backside (Little Sebago) of Libby Hill. These are 4-wheeler trails and provide a good New England-style mix of terrain.....mud, sand, gravel, rocks and hard-pack. Broke two front teeth and a thumb there last year.

Trail Maps | Libby Hill Trails
    I think what I rode was the H Libby singletrack stuff. I entered by the school, climbed up a hill to the cell tower and then just explored for a while. There was a bunch of fast riding double track and scattered throughout there was some single track. I was by myself, and didn't have a map, so I didn't go out of my way to explore to deeply. I just followed the red/blue/yellow trail markers. I had fun though, and will stop in there again some time on my way through to Bethel.

There is some new singletrack being built/designed right now in a new parcel of land in Bethel called the Bingham Parcel/Forest. Hopefully it turns out cool. I will try to volunteer some time this summer to help with the build.

I'm hoping to get up to Sugarloaf for some golfing/biking thi summer. I want to check out their trail network.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Can someone give meany feed back on the trails in and around Bath? My family has a camp in Phippsburgh Me, Im thinking of heading up to Camden to ride the trail at the snow bowl. We have gone to Bradbury SP. Would love to find some real back country trails out there
    There is a facebook group for "Bath Maine Mountain Bike Group Rides". I am from Portland and though I have not had the chance to get up to Bath to ride everyone I have interacted with in the group has been incredibly friendly and helpful.

fuggansonofahowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nail Every Trail View Post
    I think what I rode was the H Libby singletrack stuff. I entered by the school, climbed up a hill to the cell tower and then just explored for a while. There was a bunch of fast riding double track and scattered throughout there was some single track. I was by myself, and didn't have a map, so I didn't go out of my way to explore to deeply. I just followed the red/blue/yellow trail markers. I had fun though, and will stop in there again some time on my way through to Bethel.

There is some new singletrack being built/designed right now in a new parcel of land in Bethel called the Bingham Parcel/Forest. Hopefully it turns out cool. I will try to volunteer some time this summer to help with the build.

I'm hoping to get up to Sugarloaf for some golfing/biking thi summer. I want to check out their trail network.
    Report back on status of Bingham. I'm sure I'll be riding Sunday River later this summer. I may just make a weekend out of it . Can't say I've ever done any riding around Sugarloaf before. Some riding around Eustis though....mostly snowmobile trails.

CB of the East
    The trails around Sugarloaf are pretty exceptional. I've only ridden there for 1 day but I got in 62 miles of trail riding. That was a long day.
    Carrabassett Backcountry Cycle Challenge (CBCC) » Carrabassett Region NEMBA ? Maine Mountain Biking -

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I ride Bath regularly, trails are challenging and great. They cross over roads here and there so it takes some navigating to hook it all up, but there are maps available of a lot of it online.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, I'll have to give them a try this July

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Anyone have any info on Dead River Parcel or Hothole near Bucksport and Orland? They're listed as mountain biking trails on mainetrailfinder but can't seem to find any info. Don't want to blow up anyones spot and it'd likely be fall before I'm out there, just wondering what they are like.

I know most folks say to just buy a road bike and gravel grind in Acadia but I figure there's got to be something semi close by, without going to Bangor/Old Town.
    Eric

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Any good singletrack in Eastport and Moose Island area?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

(tapa)
    Sorry to rehatch such an old topic but im officially jonesin' for some mtb. Should be about May at this rate but anyway...

Is this stuff still legit and rideable?

any other info about these trails?

Im newish to the North Gorham/Windham area and have been unable to find any stuff in the Windham (excelpt for North Lowell Preserve) area.

With

banned
    Jun 2007
    There'll be no info on these trails as Morgan Meadow is a WMA, not focused on recreation. All existing trails are multi-use.
    Best bet is to throw your snowshoes in the car, and drive the Egypt Rd. to the Gray/Raymond town line.
    Park, grab your snowshoes walk towards Raymond 300 yrds, cross the road, shoe up and walk in the fire road.
    That's where the directions ^ start from. Since moving, I doubt that anyone else has been doing any trail maintenance.
    The trail up under Glover's Whig forms a loop, and will keep you on your toes. Please let me know if it's still rideable.

CB of the East
    ^^Nobody's been up there this winter. There's still a 5' snow bank in front of the parking area. I've never actually found the "lemon squeezer" (?). The nature trails are still there as well as some other mostly ridable trails up and over the top. It's easy enough to find if you keep following the road until it narrows, keep right. The loop back along the wetland is...wet land (just before you cross the river). Or you can cross the river and continue on to North Raymond Road.

pdon, other trails in the area are Libby Hill & Blackstrap Preserve as well as some decent snowmobile options here and there. This is a good resource. Maine Trails

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thanks B Edwards and Flyin W...

I will definitely go take a stroll around soon up there soon. Will report back for sure.

B Edwards - I ride Blackstrap a whole lot, awesome awesome trail system. I will check Libby Hill this year for sure.