mtbr member

Looking for trails around Killington

I'm heading up to vermont for vacation next week. I'll be staying near killington.

The trails I've found in the area so far are killington mountain, pine hill park and pittsfield. I'm also thinking of heading up to KT for a day. Is there anything else within a 1-2 hour drive? Thanks in advance
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    tons what kind of riding are you looking for? A few to start Millstone, Waterbury, Hinesburge Townforest /carsehills, STAB (Mount Ascutney) and much more. search this forum for details

mtbr member
    Cross country stuff works for me, but I'm not opposed to downhill or freeride things either. I'll check out the ones you mentioned murph, thanks.
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hit up Pine Hill Park in Rutland. It's near Killington and has some great trails that are built very well. PineHillPark.org

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Go check out the Ascutney Stuff. Haven't been yet but the buzz is a buzzn.

mtbr member
    Awesome, thanks for the input! Ascutney and millstone are looking really awesome. I figure this will keep me wheels down the whole week =)
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Millstone is definitely worth checking out. Pine Hills Park is fun but way smaller

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Definitely check out Millstone, it's amazing.

slap happy
    i'd say go whole hog and do killington DH. i'll be there saturday to check it out...never been there before but i hear it's sick.
    Consequences dictate our course of action and it doesn't matter what's right. It's only wrong if you get caught.

mtbr member
    Killington's website says they don't open their DH until 1 July, which seems odd to me. Looks like I'll only be able to ride there on friday, as I'm leaving on the second.

I've ridden pine hill, the pittsfield trails and DH at killington before and all have been stellar! I'm very excited for millstone and kingdom trails. Will have the whole family in tow so it should be a great time. Thanks for all the input folks =)
    Pugsley, Bullit

slap happy
    damn, good catch. i didn't even see that on the website! that'd have sucked....get all the way up there and no lift service.
    Consequences dictate our course of action and it doesn't matter what's right. It's only wrong if you get caught.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Pine Hill can easily keep you entertained for 2-3 hours of riding. Might double up on some trails here and there, but that just makes the segments more fun as you learn where to let'r rip.

Pittsfield is a great network as well and can easily chew up a good portion of a day.

Killington is a lot of fun as well, but totally different than Pittsfield and Pine Hill. Ridden it on my 5" travel bike and a borrowed bike from K, and it was much more enjoyable on the borrowed bike. That said, it can be a real good and fun exercise to pedal up the southside work road, and take the singletrack down from the top if they are closed for lift access.

Can anyone comment on the Mad River Valley stuff? It's only about an hour north of K. Haven't been there myself, but it may be worth checking into. Also, Waterbury is only 1.25-1.5 hours away as well.
    2005 Cannondale Jekyll with Manitou Minute Super 140mm

mtbr member
    Would it be feasible to pedal up burke mtn. at KT? I'm not going to be there on a weekend but would still like to see the DH/freeride trails there. I'll climb anything as long as I can come back down!
    Pugsley, Bullit

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAirSkier1580 View Post
    Can anyone comment on the Mad River Valley stuff? It's only about an hour north of K. Haven't been there myself, but it may be worth checking into.
    The Mad River Riders have a trail map & trail descriptions on their website - thank them by joining, it's cheap!

Vermonter to the Core
    Ill be riding Ascutney on Monday if you want to join.. we are meeting at the Brownsville General Store at 9:30....
    JEM
    09 Marlin Disc
    2010 Cannondale RZ 120....
    2011 Trek XO Crossbike
    .......... __o
    ......... -\<
    ........(_)/(_)

mtbr member
    Hey JEM, thanks for the invitation. I'll try like heck to be there! I'll be the guy in the silver minivan with a heap of bikes on the back.
    Pugsley, Bullit

Vermonter to the Core
    I hope you can make it! There will be about 4-5 of us.. im in a Red 4door Jeep Wrangler with a bike on the back.. The other guys will be in a tacoma...
    Ill wait until about 9:45 then assume you could not make it.. sound fair??
    JEM
    09 Marlin Disc
    2010 Cannondale RZ 120....
    2011 Trek XO Crossbike
    .......... __o
    ......... -\<
    ........(_)/(_)

mtbr member
    Yep that works for me.
    Pugsley, Bullit