mtbr member

looking for a hard tail frame

looking for a frame dirt cheap or free if its laying around. late 90's early 00's disc or v brake, 1 1/8 head tube. large or xl ...for commuter build. my gf sugar has finally s#$t the bed (cracked frame and junk bushings)

mtbr member
    I hope you can find a free or really dirt cheap frame but you can pick up an On One Inbred cheap these days. Here's one.... these even have bolt on V-brake mounts too.

Inbred

I recently built one of these these up with spare parts as a second bike to use for everything from pulling the kid trailer to race hardtail duties. I got the slot drop version. I'm pretty impressed and used it to race in a Xterra triathlon yesterday.

mtbr member
    thanks... that sale price would qualify as dirt cheap. i will read more about them

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    mmmm, quite the deal for a very usable (and fun/flicky due to 26" wheels) ht frame. are riding it more than yer turner?

super fun surf saturday morning early

rog

mtbr member
    It's a really nice frame, especially for the price. I actually scored mine brand new on ebay for a little less than the sale price. I'm riding both of them equally right now.

I don't plan on riding the Inbred at Ft. Rock much - too bumpy and technical for me and my neck/back issues. The Rock is Turner territory for me. But it's been a blast at SHP (actually I like both bikes at SHP for different reasons) and super fun on the less technical places near work like Kingman, College Woods, Long Marsh, etc. Plus I have some road riding to get to these places from UNH and JEL. It's a little boring poking around these places on the Turner - too easy and not a whole lot of mileage. But stringing it together on a hardtail with the added road mileage is quite fun and good training.

Now that my tri is over I will probably switch it over to SS.

Yeah I saw the report Sat. a.m. as I was on the way to Hanover for the race. Glad you got it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    sounds good man. we should pedal sometime. down on the cape right now tending to landlord duties. if only my tenants would be where they say they would be in timely fashion. surf looks good on the coast guard beach cam right now. still gotta install a new smoke detector in a unit before i can go catch a few.

be well

rog