mtbr member

Living here really is a blessing.

I've lived in a lot of places in my short life, both in the US and overseas. Tonight I came to the realization yet again that southern nh is imho the best that I've come across. I just finished a week of perhaps the best riding I've done in a 7 day span-

Sunday- musquash in Londonderry with an impromptu parking lot group. Fast and fun.
    Monday- fomba with an uncle that is just getting into the sport. His eyes said it all afterward; he is hooked.
    Tuesday- concord trails never fail to deliver the goods.
    Wednesday- hampstead with pitchcrew and his group. Just amazing people and trails. I could've ridden those all year and been happy.
    Friday- I went and tried yudicky for a change. I came away impressed with the south side stunts and definitely thinking the barbed wire trail was one of the more fun singetracks I've put rubber to.
    And finally today, harold parker with ooctrl- its been a couple years and I forgot how epic this place is. Such a great technical chunky rocky challenge. I forgot how much I missed it. The ice cold octoberfests in the lot afterward didn't hurt things either.

All in all, 6 days of riding 6 different venues, two of which were new or a long time coming for me. 75 miles, all on dirt. No mechanicals, epic scenery, great company, and all within an hour of my house.

I really am spoiled...

Go Bruins!
    Nice post and still quite a few more places
    within the same radius to make another week
    of riding at least. Great ride today. HP never
    fails to impress. Thanks for the cold one when
    it was over. It hit the spot and the first October
    beer of the season was certainly memorable.
    Give me a call when you want to go hit the trails
    again. I'll try not to flat this time.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Next time throw in Ft. Rock in Exeter great riding here and it's not far.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    ditto, i've lived a lot of places in my going on 40 years, but seacoast nh takes it for me. gonna be here for the duration.

nice ride week for you! $hit i've ridden once in like the last 8 days and haven't been on dirt in 2 weeks. just lots of water/party time.

enjoy!

rog

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I ride to the trails leading up to Stratham Hill in about 30 sec, and have a short drive to so many other great trails that I haven't even explored yet (got back on the bike only a couple months ago). We moved here from MA about a year ago, and it was a great move for just about every reason. The number of quality trails in the area is a huge bonus. I love this area, can't imagine I'd ever move elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Good to meet you Golfduke. Hope you can make it again, we got some more challenging stuff for you as well, It was just a bit to wet to hit it last week

mtbr member
    Yeah the Wednesday ride is definitely on the schedule, it was a blast. Plus, I owe you guys a couple pops after coming unprepared last week!