Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

kingdom trails next week?

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  MysticFalcon 
#1 ·
gonna be in the area all next week...anyone want to ride?

#3 ·
Just got back. J-Bar was completed to the top of Burke Mt. I followed the trail builders down for the very first run so it was a little soft. Shuttled up from town so I had legs for the rest of the day. Upper J-Bar, Lower J-Bar, Burnham Down back to town is a not miss.

#7 ·
DaveVt said:
Can't believe they didn't close everything with the 5 inches of rain in the last 3 days....
I was wondering about that too. I went for a ride near home yesterday after all night and most of the morning down pours. I was amazed how dry it was already, the ground soaked a ton of water up. Be curious to know what Kingdom and Milstone are like.

#11 ·
epic said:
I rode Kingdom today. It was actually pretty dry. I just rode the West side of Darling Hill since I think that drains best. It really was pretty good. There are some perma-mud holes, but those are always there.
i agree with epic, the trails were in great shape. Rode tap n die twice and railed sidewinder and had a permagrin the rest of the day!

Attachments

#16 ·
Hey negative nancy :D Nothing but clear sky's today and tomorrow. And I heard that it's been so dry that the trails soaked it right up! Ideride is running shuttles to j-bar tomorrow as part of the bike and beer festival.

But if i don't get a ton of time on the dh bike it's all good. the xc trails are epic enough.

#17 ·
Hey I want the shuttle to be open as much as you do Im sure. and I plan on getting in on that free shuttle action but I heard it will only be to the top camptown & Dead moose area not the peak unless things do a lot more drying out. But hey if they run the shuttle look for a guy in a honda element with a black GT force and a urban camo helmet and we can do a run together to celebrate. :)

Oh and there has been an awful lot of rain coming out of the blue skies so far today :(

#22 ·
I was at site 8 this past Friday and Saturday. Made a few new friends and on saturday rode enchanted forest to burnham down into town and then did the darling hill side(As muchas we could:thumbsup: ) for about 5 hours... J-bar from the top to burnham down on sunday. Killer time

Everything was opened and perfect weather.

#24 ·
ha-ha. Hey Rob!

Yeah, Agreed about the top but man my session almost killed me when we got to Burham Down!

You just need to get a adjustable travel longer fork (160mm) to slacken out the head angle and you are good!

I'll hit you up about Highland, right now probably 22nd or 29th. Not sure yet.

I'm booked with the wife for KT Sept 25th and 26th. I'll be there on the 24th just like last time but we should have a huge crowd with us.

Later

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.