mtbr member

Kingdom Trails 1st timer ?

Heading to KT for the 1st time. Going for a week around July 1st.

I'm looking for some suggestions...below here's what I'm looking to do, any advice is welcome.

For me, one day I'd like to get a nice long ride...about 8 hrs with some good flow. Where should I start?

Another day...Id like a simple XC ride with flow to bring my kids. Capable riders but they are only 7 & 9. I'm thinking some fun flowy stuff and maybe a pump track.... Suggestions?

Finally...Id like to do a gravity ride, not DH or FR. Do they have lifts and a trail that can give me this? It would be cool to bring the kids on this ride too if possible.

I'll fill in the other days with a few rides here and there...maybe a roadie day too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhack View Post
    Heading to KT for the 1st time. Going for a week around July 1st.

I'm looking for some suggestions...below here's what I'm looking to do, any advice is welcome.

For me, one day I'd like to get a nice long ride...about 8 hrs with some good flow. Where should I start?

Another day...Id like a simple XC ride with flow to bring my kids. Capable riders but they are only 7 & 9. I'm thinking some fun flowy stuff and maybe a pump track.... Suggestions?

Finally...Id like to do a gravity ride, not DH or FR. Do they have lifts and a trail that can give me this? It would be cool to bring the kids on this ride too if possible.

I'll fill in the other days with a few rides here and there...maybe a roadie day too.
    Start by reading the sticky above if you have not already.

The folks at the KTA office where you buy your pass will be able to map out something nice for you and your kids.

Pump track right in town. I think they are adding a kids park this year. Not sure when though.

They(Burke mtn) do have a lift that accesses some nice gravity trails. No radical DH gear needed. You can also shuttle up to the same elevation as the top of the lift. There are trails that return you to town.

Forget the roads. Being your first time, you will want to maximize your trail time. If you feel you must do a road ride, ride the toll road to the top of the mountain.

We will also be there around the beginning of July. Best place to stay(aside from camping) is the Burke Bike Barn. Trails run right through the property.

mtbr member
    Thanks likeaboss...

Yeah I didnt see the sticky until after I already posted. I couldnt search either because I was on my iPhone...That sticky has a lot of info.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhack View Post
    Thanks likeaboss...

Yeah I didnt see the sticky until after I already posted. I couldnt search either because I was on my iPhone...That sticky has a lot of info.
    No worries. BTDT.

backwoods and backwards
    4th of July fireworks at the mountain are super kid friendly. (last year folks were buying glow bracelets and giving them to any kids that didn't already have one.) The gravity run down J-bar might be the best trail in the network. When the time gets closer post up and someone will probably help with the shuttle to the top. I think I might be up that whole week.
    Live the life you love!

mtbr member
    Cool Mojo maybe we can hookup for a ride.

backwoods and backwards
    Not sure man....you as scary as your avatar pic looks?
    Live the life you love!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    Haha...Im scarier! Thats Neil Fallon, lead singer of my favorite band Clutch!

mtbr member
    It is really easy to put in an 8 hour day and not touch more than a few trails twice. Usually I start on the Darling Hill side of the trails. You park at the top of Darling Hill and hang a left out of the parking lot onto the road...trail access about a 1/4 mile up on your left. From there you have what seems like a million options.

Must hit trails, IMO, in that area are Sidewinder, Old Webb's, and Tap and Die. Other favorites of mine are Jaw, Kitchell, Sugarhouse Run (pretty sure that is what it is called -- through the woods with multicolored sap lines running everywhere). Ahh but there is just so much. Don't forget your map!
    2011 Trance x1

All good things in all good time

mtbr member
    Thanks Mizzaboom!