mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Listen! Kindom trails conditions after Irene

hello there!

We are planning a trip for the september 3-4-5th at KT....

We're from Quebec city and it rained like hell with an heavy wind. I'd like to know if someone could give us some tips to know the trails condition without anoying the people that sells the daily passes.

Well, we don't want to waste our money to go there and being told that the half of the circuit is closed due to falled trees or erosion.

Thanks bro!

Vincent

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    The trail crews at KT usually do a pretty good job clearing everything out. Im sure they will have things sorted out by this weekend.
    A real answer will have to wait till they bet out and start assessing the damage.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    fingeres crossed!

mtbr member
    KT just posted an update on their Facebook page. Mountain trails are closed. The trails crews are clearing up the Darling Hill trails.

2009 Giant Trance X3
    2010 Giant Trance X2

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I hope they gonna do a great job today

go redbull go!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Getting around? This is very helpful but for State Highways onlyVermont Agency of Transportation Traveler Information
    2004 GF Cake 2DLX

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_Vermont View Post
    Getting around? This is very helpful but for State Highways onlyVermont Agency of Transportation Traveler Information
    holy fudge!!!!!!

I heard Irene hit hard, but not like that

thank you for the info. Well, we try to think for a plan B for the week-end but for now we got no cheap idea

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    We have a group heading down too for the weekend.

Vermonter to the Core
    Here is an example of some of the rath:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kindom trails conditions after Irene-quechee-bridge.jpg  

09 Marlin Disc
    2010 Cannondale RZ 120....
    2011 Trek XO Crossbike
    .......... __o
    ......... -\<
    ........(_)/(_)

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Truly amazing how much damage can be caused by these storms. You just never know. So sad to see history lost and the cost of reconstruction. Let's hope people can get back to a normal life as soon as possible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    The riding in Burke will be good. Go for it, it shouldn't be too hard getting there.

mtbr member
    The NEK was spared for the most part. We saw plenty of rain, though it was sustained. It never really crossed the line into torrential. We took it harder in May with the flash flooding.
    I rode Darling Hill late this afternoon. The trails are in great shape. I know the trail crew has been out, though there were few signs of erosion or blowdowns. The riding was dry and fast, with the occasional puddle here and there. That being said, trails by the rivers took it hard. Dry Feet has a fresh, deep, messy deposit of river soil that will dry up in the next couple of days. Luckily, it still has both of its bridges. Both East and West Branch trails are currently roped off. I didn't go down to investigate, though I imagine West Branch still has some considerable water on it. I worry that both E&W Branch could have sustained bridge loss or damage. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they're both open by the weekend.
    In other news, 13 VT towns remain cut off from the rest of the world, some relying on choppers to airlift in food. Crazy.
    -Chris

Seattle drivers suck
    What condition are the Burke Mountain trails in?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Ducks for Moose
    As mentioned by previous posters, Northeastern VT (the location of the Kingdom Trails) escaped the major devistation that you are seeing on the national news outlets. Almost everything is open at KT and there are no problems with accessing this part of Vermont from anywhere other than the Albany area of New York (the major West/East arteries like Route 4 were washed out). I-91 and all of the roads in this part of the state are intact save for a few isolated rural roads.
    The only KT trails that are closed due to damage are two trails that run immediately along the rivers and the trails that come off the summit of Burke mountain. IMHO there is no reason to cancel a trip to anywhere in Northern vermont.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    We are here now. Going riding tomorrow and looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gmstrek8 View Post
    We are here now. Going riding tomorrow and looking forward to it.
    ohhhhhhhhhhh yeah! I like the sound of it!

I start right fudging now looking for a camping or a hotel.

we'll see if I'm lucky enough. If you heard about a nice spot that still have room for 3-4 dudes, tell me plz

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    After some research. There is what I found:

Cheap hotel (better than in a tent anyway)
    Lyndon Motor Lodge (55$/night!)
    Lynburke Motel Lyndonville Vermont, Kingdom Trails, Northeast Kingdom (86$/n)
    Vermont's Northeast Kingdom (70$/n)

camping
    Burke, Vermont :: Lodging, Campgrounds in the Northeast Kingdom

mtbr member
    It is amazing how much damage and how many are homeless and lost everything, The clean up has gone great. if you want to see some of the damage in central Vermont you can follow it on my stores facebook page @ Brattleboro WirelessZone - Local Business - Brattleboro, VT | Facebook. I own a store in the area and have been delivering cases of water to the first responders and all the rescue crew. And delivering food to the food pantries. Keep everyone up there in your thoughts. Amazing people doing work loads that are almost impossible.We are going to try to get up and ride some where this weekend also.

Ducks for Moose
    Might want to double check on this one before you stay there as it is right next to the river and did get flooded last weekend. The building is still there and intact but had several inches of water in it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Jet - Beat on Repeat - YouTube

I gonna have this song stuck in head for the whole week-end, if it sounds cool enough for ya, come an join us

camping to KT : U.S. 5, West Burke, VT 05871 Kingdom Trails - Google Maps

25$/night. For this price, I'm ready to accept any ****

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    What a fantastic day out on the trails today. Damn helmet cam died before Side Winder. Will have to go back and do it again tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JEM2 View Post
    Here is an example of some of the rath:
    Sad to see that Quechee bridge during and after...Simon Pearce also was hit pretty hard

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Well, this camping really rocks: U.S. 5, West Burke, VT 05871 Kingdom Trails - Google Maps
    802-467-3416

It's in an open field. The best place I can imagine to do the biggest bike party ever, next time. 25$... lol

I had so much fun! We rode something like 80-90km and I would have prefered to ride again today but we had enough of the storm yesterday. A lot of track on the "east-side" should be forbidden in the "wrong way" to avoid accident... But, no bobo

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    What a great time at KT this past weekend. Got two days of nice weather in. We will definitely be back.