Thread: Killington

mtbr member
    May 2011

Killington

Going to be up at Killington this weekend and bringing my bike. Anything to look for or any specific trails to seek out? Any advice and pointers welcome.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Killington is a blast! This is an awesome trail sequence to ride at killington: 1,2,18,2,1,4,6,6,9,24,22

Trail map and a little more info here:
    Wild Slobs Ride Killington

mtbr member
    Killington is awesome. I had a ton of fun both times I've been there. The last time I went I actually shredded on my SS hardtail Cowan. I would back up pro's recommendation. When you get your lift ticket the guys there will probably mark up a trail map for ya to show ya cool runs, too.
    --NC
    2008 Kona Cowan // 2005 Kona Cowan // 2009 Giant Modem // 2009 department store IronHorse // 1970s Schwinn roadie

mtbr member
    May 2011
    How much pedaling is involved there? I'm debating how much/little gear I want to wear. Full face helmet, knee braces/guards, pants, long sleeve jersey, chest protector? If I arrive early enough on Saturday I plan to ride Pine Hill Park in Rutland. I was reading some good things about the trail system here. Has anyone rode there before?

mtbr member
    Take the full DH kit to Killington in terms of protection. Although some of the trails are not that tech, you can get going at a pretty fast clip.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech420 View Post
    How much pedaling is involved there? I'm debating how much/little gear I want to wear. Full face helmet, knee braces/guards, pants, long sleeve jersey, chest protector? If I arrive early enough on Saturday I plan to ride Pine Hill Park in Rutland. I was reading some good things about the trail system here. Has anyone rode there before?
    Totally depends on you. I went with two other guys last time and each of us had different gear. I had shin guards, a full face, goggles and gloves (and a basketball jersey haha). Another kid had elbow and forearm guards, a full face and gloves. The last kid had shin/knee guards, elbow/forearm guards, full face and gloves.
    --NC
    2008 Kona Cowan // 2005 Kona Cowan // 2009 Giant Modem // 2009 department store IronHorse // 1970s Schwinn roadie

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Pinehill park is also awesome. There will be more climbing than killington, but it's a lot of fun on the way down. A lot of buff, highly maintained, bermed single track. With some very interesting bridges and obstacles.

Make sure to hit svelte tiger on your way down from outlook, very fun trail.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Killington was awesome. Ton of technical riding on the blacks and double blacks. I liked Pine Hill Park, but really felt unchallenged there. I even went through the "free-ride" sections without feeling challenged. They have done amazing work on those trails and I imagine it is great for cross country riding, but I am always seeking out the rough stuff which was severely lacking here.