Thread: I-93

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

I-93

I'm looking for trails along 93 from Concord north to 91. My plans have suddenly changed and I won't be in the Stowe area tomorrow as planned. I'm headed to KT for a weekend of riding but was hoping to try a new place tomorrow. Looking for 2ish hours. Suggestions?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    North of Concord you can hardly get any closer to 93 then the new Spaulding Woods in Tilton/North field, just North of Highlands and one minute off 93----check out all the info on the Spaulding Woods thread on here-there is an updated map and lots of buzz; trail work this Sunday added a new awesome downhill, Swamp Donkey Disco. Three great downhills from the top: Squirrelagator, Swamp Donkey, and Upper Yellow Dot.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Perfect, thanks. Usually I'll skim around here for answers prior to posting but this is last minute and I have no idea what is in the area. Thanks a ton, this is exactly what I needed.

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    Stab?....

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    No -off I-93 in NH....Spaulding Youth Center and Central NH Nemba----they built Franklin Falls if you have heard about it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yeah STAB isn't close enough. Haven't heard of them, I'm down south and don't get up your way much. But wanted to try some different stuff besides KT. I'll actually be taking 140 west from my girlfriend's so Spaulding could not be more perfect. Highland doesn't look worth it. Franklin Falls in the same vicinity?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Franklin Falls is 15 minutes away--93 north one exit to Sanbornton/W.Franklin get off take 127 South to franklin--3 miles on right is Federal Dam Parking and trailhead- check CNHNEMBA.ORG for trailmap---don't miss Sniper and Mighty Chicken..go fast

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hey--you can actually hit both and get 3 + hours of the best in Central NH...

MC MasterShake
    Highland!
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

mtbr member
    Page Hill would be another spot too. If you're coming from south of Concord, I'd head west to STAB for a day over riding anywhere in NH.
    That creep can roll, man.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I just put an hourish in at Spaulding and hit most of it. Was exactly what I needed. Split my long drive to KT in half, kept my legs warm, and let me try new singletrack. Would love to hit STAB one day, it'll come. CNH NEMBA page was great. Spaulding was well marked and made. Still fresh. Saw Franklin and looks nice so I will keep in mind. For now it's on to Burke.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I agree with ecwashere7--That is the best, certainly bigger and better then anything in NH. --be sure to keep up on the Atv controversy-see thread by jimbikeski...But to jump off the Interstate and do a solid hour or two has it's attraction, especially since the girlfriend lives somewhere on the route... You can hit franklin on the way south--pop off a solid hour of Fun--ten minutes from I-93