Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Highland Bike Park places to stay

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  slapheadmofo 
#1 ·
Hi. I'm looking for a nicer place to stay with my wife while I ride this upcoming weekend. B&B's, lakeside places, clean, good restaurants in the area. Anywhere within 30min of the park max.

I will ride while she can unwind, read, and maybe do some studying for her course.

Can anyone chime in?

Thank you for your help
Cheers :thumbsup:

#3 ·
thanks, I did see that but was hoping someone had some personal experiences because with some places, pictures are the best thing it's got

I was hoping to find other things to do besides bike like hike or main street shopping etc to appease the Mrs because she doesn't ride.

Lucky man. I'm 5+hrs away :(

#5 ·
I've only been to HP once and it was a day trip from the Cape. Tilton is very sparse for food and sleep but does have the Tanger Outlets for shopping. I would make Henniker the home base for the classic New England experience and go from there. Henniker is a small New England college town with nice choices for romantic BnB's and eateries. Check out this website from a Henniker BnB.

New Hampshire Vacation, Mount Sunapee, Kayaking New Hampshire

Have a blast!

#6 ·
Are you strictly downhill or also some xc. There is a Holiday Inn Express 4 miles from Highlands, at the next exit North from the Highland Exit, on NH RT. 140. If you do some xc you can ride right out the door to the new Spaulding Woods Trails about 30 seconds away at the boat launch, which is also on the back road to Highlands. Tilton Diner, famous for good food, is one minute away by car, at the 93 exit. Also Tanger Outlet Mall is 2 minutes away for wife shopping. If you want to hike and bike with wife there is RamblinVewe Farm 15 minutes away in Gilford--cool singletrack and adjacent double track for the wife to hike; also good views of the Big Lake.

#7 ·
Hi. I'm looking for a nicer place to stay with my wife while I ride this upcoming weekend. B&B's, lakeside places, clean, good restaurants in the area. Anywhere within 30min of the park max.

I will ride while she can unwind, read, and maybe do some studying for her course.

Can anyone chime in?

Thank you for your help
Cheers :thumbsup:
There are literally thousands of places around the lakes region just to the northwest of Highland that would fit your bill. Take a peak at a map and do a little digging online; so many choices it'll make your head spin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.