Thread: Hampshire 100

mtbr member

Hampshire 100

Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 6:45 AM
    Oak Park- Greenfield, NH

Test your skills and stamina at this 5th annual edition of this premier mountain bike race, offered via cooperative dual sanctioning by the Eastern Fat Tire Association and USA Cycling.

A true endurance event. Have you got what it takes to make it to the finish line?
    The 100 kilometer (63 mile) course will wind through the beautiful and varied terrain of Southern New Hampshire. The single loop course will give participants a good mix of mountain bike terrain. The first miles are open and fast, allowing lung and leg warm-up, and a stretching out of the field. Ample technicals and climbing follow in later miles. The current course is planned to be similar, but not identical, to the prior years' editions, as the trail boss always adds enhancements to the ride each year. There is approximately 7,000 feet of climbing.

Registration fee includes entry, aid stations with food and fluids, SAG wagon support, post-race meal, complimentary campsite Saturday night at the start/finish venue (no hookups, but within sight of the start/finish line), participant souvenirs, festivities, and awards to top finishers.

The primary beneficiary will be Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center, which is dedicated to serving individuals with disabilities and their families. Visit their website for more information on, or to make an addition donation to, this charitable organization. Additional beneficiaries this season include the Eastern Fat Tire Association, a nonprofit organization which promotes and sanctions mountain bike races, recreational bicycle fun rides, and works on New England mountain bike trail access issues and Greenfield Trails Association, a nonprofit organization working to restore, maintain, and enhance some of the very trails you may ride on. Also benefitting from this year's event will be many local civic and charitable groups from the 6 towns that the course traverses.

For more information go to Hampshire 100 or call 603-209-7273
    2008 Trek 69er SS
    2010 Vassago Jabberwocky SS

mtbr member
    OK, I posted this up in the Endurance thread, so I figured it should be here as well. Not that I want more competition, but I figure the more the merrier. This race is way better than the VT50, just come out and give it a try.

Last Call! Well sort of, pre-reg on the bike-reg website ends at 8:00am Friday, tomorrow! If you miss this, don't despair you can sign up on-site, Saturday 2:00-9:00pm. As of a couple of minutes ago there are 203 racers, like myself, who are up to the challenge, where are you???
    2008 Trek 69er SS
    2010 Vassago Jabberwocky SS