mtbr member
    Sep 2008

frickin deluge!!!!

this has to be the most violently heavy raining thunder filled storm that i've seen all spring/summer. dumping buckets in fact. there go the trails again!

glad i got my 140 mtb commuting miles to work in this week, oh and a little dirt thrown in for good measure. maybe this system will throw up some waves. one can only hope.

stay dry!

rog

think
    Jul 2008
    Yea that was ridiculous. I was planning on doing the wheel power ride tonight...could be sketchy now. Was out there for a bit last night and it was as dry as it has been all year.

This has been quite the summer...

MC MasterShake
    It's been bad. Same problems here in MA. We do dry out faster but the bugs are out of control. I guess it's not the worst time to snap my collar bone

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

road

i just did 50 on the road on my mtb just for somethin to do. the ride up the coast was nice.

i may head over to the wheel power ride for 6pm just to get on some dirt.

rog

Lets RIDE!
    I like de luge. but it's way too warm for sledding right now!

The weather's been OK here in central VT; a little damp, but not bad....this week.
    2 weeks ago a flash flood took away the top of my driveway :-(

JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

cranktankerous Mainer
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog
    maybe this system will throw up some waves. one can only hope.
    nope, no waves... but that's ok cause the ocean has the distinct taste of urine and suntan lotion right now.

...at least my water bill is way low this year cause mah wife isn't squirting it all over the garden. what else is rain good for, umm? well cause I waxed my truck good in the spring I havn't had to wash it at all, still has a good shine.

but yeah that rain storm was nuts this morning... as long as we don't get hail, hail in the summer freaks me out.

think
    Jul 2008
    Rog you shoulda gone for another loop with us, it was fun times. Went out and rode on the north side, ended up cutting out to the road on at the Oaklands parking lot when it got so dark that we could barely see the trail hahaha. No glasses, raining, in the dark - gotta use the Force to sense the trail

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

fun

Quote Originally Posted by bad news
    Rog you shoulda gone for another loop with us, it was fun times. Went out and rode on the north side, ended up cutting out to the road on at the Oaklands parking lot when it got so dark that we could barely see the trail hahaha. No glasses, raining, in the dark - gotta use the Force to sense the trail
    ya, if i hadn't ridden a bunch already today, i probably would've continued with y'all. the hour+ that the rest of us rode was fun. glad i got out for some slippy sliding rock/root wiggle.

if i don't go to bear brook tomorrow, i may do a loooong ride at fort rock if things dry a bit.

nice to meet and get some ridin in with ya. it was def, the faster ya go, the better out there tonight. always interesting feeling out the group dynamics. nice group.

rog

think
    Jul 2008
    Yea the last time I rode with that group it was a much faster ride. That day there was 14 people at the power lines and 7 when we got to the pipeline. Lee said that as the year has gone on the pace has relaxed a bit though. I was surprised because like you said when conditions are like they were yesterday then you have to carry speed.

I think if it doesn't pour again my girlfriend and I are going to go for a putt out on the north side tonight. Let me know how the Bear Brook trails are if you head over. I wouldn't mind getting out there this weekend. A friend and I are going to Highland on Sunday to celebrate gravity haha. Ride XC on Saturday and downhill Sunday on the same bike. As they say, ok at everything means not very good at anything