mtbr member
    May 2012

fort rock 11/11/2012

Just a Little FYI the wife and i went for a walk today i took the backpack leaf blower and cleaned DEMO trail. I ran out of gas about 50 feet away from the Big rock where the trail starts, You can now ride it at night their is a clear path for the ride!
    That is a love/hate trail for me but it makes it better that you can see a path not just leaf covered and guess where the rocks are.

That is for now don't know how long it will last!

mtbr member
    What's up with the logging far north part of new fields? Trail just kind of ends in active devo station. Hope it can be salvaged post harvest. Thanks for leaf blowing. Most buff in a long time...some rock clean up too?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Im not sure about the logging. I didn't see it, unless you r talking about near the leach field and septic tank like set up. Just ends in a field? Someone may be building more houses?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcandy View Post
    What's up with the logging far north part of new fields? Trail just kind of ends in active devo station. Hope it can be salvaged post harvest.
    I usually ride that as a part of my regular loop, too. Trudging through logs and brush kinda ruins the flow of that back area, huh?! I believe they are just clearing the land. I think that I know the owner and I'll ask next time I see him to find out the status and future accessibility.

Update - That area most likely will be re-opened/re-routed once logging is done.
    Last edited by in the trees; 11-15-2012 at 10:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Not there. The northern most single/dbl track in newfilelds. Near deer trees lot. Acres of logging.

Go Bruins!
    I talked to the owner of that land when I was out night riding a couple of weeks back. That whole area is being cleared for a tree nursery. I am sure a reroute from one double track ( very end of newfields loop 2) to the other doubletrack by the snow mobile trail will be cut sometime this fall or next spring. The climb and descent into the stone wall trail is intact.
    Last edited by ooctrl; 11-13-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Edited for clarification
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    off topic

was out night riding last night but was pulled out when the state police called our phones as they were looking for a missing person in the woods

anyone have anymore information about it? just curious

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hcklr View Post
    off topic

was out night riding last night but was pulled out when the state police called our phones as they were looking for a missing person in the woods

Mom and two kids got caught out in the dark. Sounds like they're fine.

Lost Hikers Rescued in Exeter - Exeter, NH Patch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcandy View Post
    Not there. The northern most single/dbl track in newfilelds. Near deer trees lot. Acres of logging.
    So is the stone wall trail gone? That's a favorite.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hcklr View Post
    off topic

Quite the search party in the lot last night. Glad everyone is okay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
    So is the stone wall trail gone? That's a favorite.
    I think mcandy and I maybe are talking about the same area. At the northern most part of the telephone cable trail where it dead ends near Rte 87, and then meets up with the snowmobile loop.

Go Bruins!
    I'm glad to hear mom and kids made it out alright as well, but you have to wonder if they ventured off the trails too far. That place is surrounded by roads and a highway. It's hard to get lost. Nice work by the local and state agencies to find them.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.