mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Fat Bike Race / Event - VT / New England

<>

All, if any VT / New England fatbike riders check in here, I'm putting together some ideas with a local shop for a VT winter fatbike event. Not sure if it will be a social ride / race / adventure race / etc.

Thinking about a few possible locations - potential for groomed trails a must. Also need to investigate winter accommodations / ressuply / warm up / etc.

Inspired by the Arrowhead, but do not think that the first (or second) incarnation of a local VT event will be that long / rigorous.

PM me if you are interested, or post here to work up some ideas.

Would love to see some local fat bike events.
    A pic of me and the Pugs to cool down from the summer heat, taken by some sledders over in the ADKs in Moose River Plains:

IMAG1477

I'm currently putting on a series of Randonneurring events in VT. Next ride is a 114k or 200k dirt / gravel / mixed brevet Oct. 1. We just had our 600k from Montpelier to Maine and back via the White Mountains.

Moderator Moderator
    That sounded fun...until I read about the Arrowhead (http://www.startribune.com/sports/ou...tml?page=2&c=y) - yikes, esp at -30F!
    I don't have a fatbike, but I do ride in winter, 15mi RT commute, and tooling around the local snowmo trails when conditions allow.

I would see if Millstone is interested, they groom for XC but maybe they'd reserve some trails for bikes for a weekend, +/- 50 miles of trails, though some is too singletracky to groom. They have some lodging too.

RPG
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'm in. Fat biker in NH Seacoast. There's about 6 more fatbikers around here that would probably do it as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    A Fat Bike event of any type would be great !! Race/rally/festival whatever, I would be in for sure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I`am in, there is a few of us here in northeast PA.I hope you can pull something off,it would be kool.KP

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    All, thanks for the interest and the replies. We have a brand new baby girl in the house, so we've ben quite busy. Ideas still percolating, thanks for the suggestions and the PMs.

More later.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Great idea bmike, I'm in and I know a few more up here in East Burke that would be pshyced too. We are working with Kingdom Trails to keep some back-counrty trails open (snowmobile packed) for bikes, skis and snowshoes this winter. We had a couple of nice "out there" loops last year that tied into their mountain side nordic trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff727 View Post
    Great idea bmike, I'm in and I know a few more up here in East Burke that would be pshyced too. We are working with Kingdom Trails to keep some back-counrty trails open (snowmobile packed) for bikes, skis and snowshoes this winter. We had a couple of nice "out there" loops last year that tied into their mountain side nordic trails.

Lets talk... maybe a KT event, even if we only gained access for a weekend or a Saturday, a flattish or rolling loop course on a packed trail would be sweet...