Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    beer thief
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Sorry Eric. Didn't mean to insult you. Someone else mentioned to me they thought it was a bit wide. I guess I'll just defer to the sentiments expressed earlier in the thread from RadAir...
    And I'm not really taking a shot at you Epic/Eric, but we have had people blowing singletrack (rake & ride, not benched) wide enough for a Jeep. Our observation with this is people will ride all over that width and it can lead to braids where there doesn't need to be any. It is possible to blow the top off the mounds of leaves without cleaning down to bare ground - those magic wands are pretty amazing.

One well-meaning lady blew a section through hemlocks and blew away all the compacted material around big roots. Now it is way more harsh and leads to wider trails as people try to avoid the more exposed roots.

Sorry to be jacking this thread into a leaf blowing tutorial - not meant to do that. I just hate seeing tight singletrack being transformed into elephant paths - again, not referring to Epic's work!

Back on the stoke train:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sunset over Millstone. Also saw 9 deer in the Littlejohn field last night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fall Riding Stoke-pa242481-640x480-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    ^winter sky.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    From my little mini road trip up into VT/NH/ME a couple weeks ago.

Drove up for a day to check out STAB.

Camped. Drank. Ate. Headed over

to Millstone the next morning, ended up riding with some guys from RI.

Then over to North Conway, where Radair very graciously gave me a tour of some local stuff that was most excellent. Sweet riding, great views, a very fun descent, (and way longer than most that I have around me) and not a single picture taken.

Touron peeper pics.

Next to Sunday River. I owe a huge thanks to the Slaphead Mofo crew for shwoing me around the place and sharing beer. SR = me likey. Not many pics - too busy riding.

The tower run was indeed the icing on the cake, the cherry on the top, etc.

Plans altered a bit - the forecast was really not as cooperative as I'd hoped, and holiday weekend traffic sucked balls big time. Headed over to check out FOMBA.
    I think this was the most technical thing I found...
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    ^Great shots!
    I put this up in the Northfield thread too, but it also belongs here. A late season romp down the Orange trail at the Shaw Outdoor Center, Norwich University, Northfield VT....me and the boss Brooke Scatchard pumpn and jumpn.
    Norwich University Shaw Outdoor Center on Vimeo

the train keeps rollin
    gr8 Vid!
    beaver hunt

Go Bruins!
    Nice vid! Smooth riding.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    ^Great shots!
    I put this up in the Northfield thread too, but it also belongs here. A late season romp down the Orange trail at the Shaw Outdoor Center, Norwich University, Northfield VT....me and the boss Brooke Scatchard pumpn and jumpn.
    i ride like that in my dreams. those ones that go on forever where things all flow and you can jump and fly and whatever forever.

not my thing, (maybe it should be, looks damned fun!)

that makes me want a full squishy bike, or all mountain, or whatever you kids call them these days.

me and my fargo and all my camping gear and crap will be over here, off to the side, out of your way.

nice.

strava this!

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Great video...love Vermont

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bmike View Post
    i ride like that in my dreams. those ones that go on forever where things all flow and you can jump and fly and whatever forever.

not my thing, (maybe it should be, looks damned fun!)

that makes me want a full squishy bike, or all mountain, or whatever you kids call them these days.

me and my fargo and all my camping gear and crap will be over here, off to the side, out of your way.

nice.

strava this!
    I'm on a ten year old steel one speed hard tail. Dirt jumps and pump tracks...spend a season there....it changes everything.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I'm on a ten year old steel one speed hard tail. Dirt jumps and pump tracks...spend a season there....it changes everything.
    hmmm.
    thanks for the tip.

gave up my singlespeed rigid to fund the adventure bike.
    might have to pick up a beater / basher so i can injure myself some more...

nice vid, well done.

mtbr member
    Not nearly as impressive as the video above, but I spent about 45 minutes the other day recording some low-key XC riding with my phone. In my head I was riding much quicker.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Londonderry VT? Looks nice.

mtbr member
    Londonderry NH, didn't realize this was a VT only thread

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
    Londonderry NH, didn't realize this was a VT only thread
    It's not, just curious. Looks like nice buff singletrack.

mtbr member
    Yeah its pretty buff. Rooty in some places and a few technical rock gardens, but some good flow if you keep pedaling. About 10 miles of single track riding. It's close, so I ride there often.
    Musquash Conservation Area, 900 acres, over 15 miles of trails Londonderry News

mtbr member
    Nice vids!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
    Yeah its pretty buff. Rooty in some places and a few technical rock gardens, but some good flow if you keep pedaling. About 10 miles of single track riding. It's close, so I ride there often.
    Musquash Conservation Area, 900 acres, over 15 miles of trails Londonderry News
    Wow. 900 acres. Sounds like a great stash!

mtbr member
    My dream commute on snowmobile trails and through Millstone. Mist this morning at the #6 Quarry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fall Riding Stoke-pb072495.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Nice fat 4 hour loop in Stowe today. West Branch Circumnavigation. Snowed all day over 2000 ft. We topped out at about 2100 were we had to push the last few steeps, and kept it real light on the brakes for the first few hundred vert on the way down. Fun stuff!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fall Riding Stoke-lrsnowtour1resized.jpg  

Fall Riding Stoke-lrsnowtour2resized.jpg  

Fall Riding Stoke-lrsnowtour3resized.jpg  

icanseeformiles(andmiles)
    ^Great shots!
    very nice, I see I've gotta get over to VT in the summer instead of just the spending the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    To differentiate riders by the type of surface frequented is IMO the height of foolishness.

mtbr member
    Self timer at Pine Hill Park. Excellent conditions today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fall Riding Stoke-pb252504-640x480-.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2