mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Fall Lift serve dates (Camden Snow Bowl)

Volunteer trail crews have been working hard this season and have completed work on existing trail improvements and two new trails, which includes the development of our first mechanized trail. Link to video Natty Tread, Snow Bowl, Camden Maine - YouTube

Lift days are Oct 7, 14, 21, and 28th. Lift passes are $15. The ski club will also hosting a pancake breakfast fundraiser on each of the lift days.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    How was this on the 7th? I am planning on going this Sunday and wanted to know how the riding was?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm curious about the lift riding as well. I might be going out Sunday unless I decide to make the longer trip to highland (gotta be back in Porltand in the early evening)
    Just another redneck with a bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The 7th was good. Trail conditions were great. However, the mountain has cancelled the lift day for this coming Sunday due to current trail conditions and the weather forecast.

Hope to see you on the 21st.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    well that just blows, just as things are starting to dry out here as well

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So, how is the mountain when the lift is closed? Can you still go out and ride? Are there any trails to ride to the top?

I'd like to hit something with a little more DH feel than bradbury while I'm here but this rain on every day off has been killing me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    You can still ride when the lift ain't spinning. From the lodge you can head up to the right and go up the Jibe trail which from here you can either hook into the Pitch Pole trail to keep on switchbacking up, or swing over across Jedi and into the Ragged Mountain Preserve Five Brooks Trail. The 22 Tacks loop heads up here if you go up past the Pump Track from the other side of the base area.

From the top of Pitch Pole (and top of the chair) you can either head across and down the other part of Pitch Pole or Tim's Tempest, or you can dive roughly back in the way you came into Natty Tread. The top part of Natty is somewhat messy, but the rest of it seemed to hold up really well on the 7th, and you can access that where Pitch Pole crosses the ski trail (just above the label on the map). Personally if I've made it up that far and am going down Tim's or Pitch Pole, I will usually climb up the granite slabs past the lean to until I can see the top station of the T-bar and then dive into the woods to the left for a little extra.

Usually as a whitewater kayaker too I get stoked about the rain, but this is still painful as it's enough to get the trails soaked (and keep yardwork from happening), but too little to bring the creeks and rivers up most of the time.

Kevin Callahan
    Jul 2009

minor correction

just a heads up that Jedi is signed as Freebooter. There is a requirement that we adhere to the nautical theme in naming all trails, and I also wanted to avoid potential copyright issues

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Last lift day of the season is this Sunday (Oct 28). Weather looks good for perfect trail conditions.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who worked on those trails. I went today and they were better than expected, a little on the slippery side,but thats to be expected. I had a great time and everyone was very friendly. Thanks to everyone who made this happen, can't wait to go back next season.