Thread: Exeter

mtbr member

Exeter

Good to go. Bone dry. A lot of little stuff down. No big daddies on HS side. Two logs on blt. Few others north of powerlines.

Anyone been to bear brook?

mtbr member
    Hey Mcandy,

I can help you out, my man. Bear brook is also very dry. lots of little annoying stuff down. two big logs on hemlock 2 and 3. One on bottom of Little Bear. Some scattered other stuff. Rode a big chunk of the park. No water damage or flooding at all.

Go Bruins!
    There's a fun little one hour or so loop at stratham hill park that is a lot of singletrack, but I went yesterday and it is in tough shape. Three spots need a chainsaw and there is debris of medium size in many places (derailleur breakers). I slightly bent a hanger in there yesterday. It's a nice change of pace compared to fort rock.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    yeah...I had several near misses with my rear der. What is your loop at stratham. I walk the dog there...but have never ridden there. It is closer and less abusive than exeter and would be a nice quick after work spot for me.

Exeter and Bear brook are really in great shape minus a few trees needing attention.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I am new to the NH seacoast and recently heard of some good mountain biking in Exeter. Could someone recommend some trails?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    ooctrl,

I'd like to know about the trails there too. Care to show around someday after work?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LostMyYo View Post
    I am new to the NH seacoast and recently heard of some good mountain biking in Exeter. Could someone recommend some trails?

Thanks!
    You should start out by checking out Nemba.org. There is info on rides all over.

think
    Jul 2008

Thanks!
    Park at the railroad tracks lot. Ride all trails.

There's maps on the Town of Exeter website.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bad news View Post
    Park at the railroad tracks lot. Ride all trails.

There's maps on the Town of Exeter website.
    That is the lot just off Rt 85 correct? I printed some maps. I will check it out tomorrow evening. If anyone happens to see a 40 something year old Clydesdale riding a very old IF, that's me, and I am probably lost.

Thanks!

Go Bruins!
    Hey guys, The trails weren't worth the ride on Monday. Hopefully they will be clear after this weekend. The trails are about 70% singletrack and 30% double I would estimate. Mostly very smooth with a couple of killer climbs and more than a couple blazing downhills. I've only been twice having recently decided to finally check it out after hearing from one of the sons of the guy who built some of the track in there that his dad "spends most of his time at stratham instead of fort rock." Next week I will be willing to meet. With Labor Day this weekend, plans are already in place.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

RPG
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by idbrian View Post
    ooctrl,

I'd like to know about the trails there too. Care to show around someday after work?
    Go on the wheel power shop rides on Tuesday's at 6pm. We ride both sides of the forest and it's a good group of guys. Shp owners are great too. It leaves from the shop.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RPG View Post
    Go on the wheel power shop rides on Tuesday's at 6pm. We ride both sides of the forest and it's a good group of guys. Shp owners are great too. It leaves from the shop.
    I was referring to stratham hill park, not Ft Rock. But thanks for the info anyways. I like that shop but have yet to ride with them.

Go Bruins!
    The guy at the shop I frequent says that the Stratham Hill trails are clean and good to go after a lot of small branch damage from Irene. If anyone wants to give it a go tomorrow around 4:45 or so drop me a line or leave a message.

think
    Jul 2008
    Yeah, Stratham trails are in good shape right now. More the merrier, several sections need more burning in.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    How do you get to Stratham Hill? Are the trails well marked? I am still learning where to MTB in the area and would like to check this place out.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    How do you get to Stratham Hill? Are the trails well marked? I am still learning where to MTB in the area and would like to check this place out.

Thanks!
    It's right off rt 33 it starts to the left behind the picnic tables the race loop well mark with white arrows and red ribbons. Go ride it needs to be burned in. The loop is 6mi long it's fun!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I found the trails at Stratham Hill, thankfully they were marked for the upcoming race. I really enjoyed the loop and plan to ride there a lot more.

I am not sure if this is the forum to ask this, if I wanted to volunteer to help maintain these trails, who would I need to speak to?

Thanks!

Go Bruins!
    LostMyYo,

PM sent buddy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ooctrl View Post
    LostMyYo,

PM sent buddy.
    ooctrl,

Thanks for the info! I can't reply via PM yet, not enough posts...