mtbr member

Drummer Hill Knee,NH

Does anyone have a map or link to a good trail map? I've heard some good things and would like to explore, thx.

skiing/biking is life....
    Quote Originally Posted by mission2 View Post
    Does anyone have a map or link to a good trail map? I've heard some good things and would like to explore, thx.
    We're working on one.. (the Local NEMBA chapter) We should have it "done" by late spring/ summer.

mtbr member
    they used to sell one at summers backcountry store, so there WAS a trail map for the area already, it was missing quite a bit, but.. it got you through most of the more well known stuff..

just ride up and ride down a bunch of times, I don't think there is really any "flow" per say to the place, mostly ride up, and ride down...
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

skiing/biking is life....
    Quote Originally Posted by manchvegas View Post
    they used to sell one at summers backcountry store, so there WAS a trail map for the area already, it was missing quite a bit, but.. it got you through most of the more well known stuff..

just ride up and ride down a bunch of times, I don't think there is really any "flow" per say to the place, mostly ride up, and ride down...
    Yes, they used to sell one at Summer's, but Summer's has closed up shop.

There is flow to the place, lots of new trails being added every summer!

mtbr member
    Cool Thanks guys, but where would be the most ideal place to start. is there more than one parking spot?

Gigantic Hawk
    It's been over a decade since I rode Keene. When I was in high school there we'd ride into Swanzey over the Rt 101 train bridge for some sweet single track that would drop us out where the new prison is. From there we'd cut in behind Chapman Rd. to the end of Peg Shop Rd. There was a trail that would take us into Otter Brook where we'd eventually come back out to Sullivan Rd. We'd then hit Jordan Rd., and enter Robin Hood Park, cut over to Woodland Cemetery, and cut cross down town to Ashuelot River Park. From there we'd head over to Drummer Hill, and make our way towards Goose Pond.

If it was a long day, we'd hit up Surry or Horatio. On the way back we'd drop into Wheellock Park.

I don't know if all this is possible now, but the main point is you can probably park anywhere in Keene for solid riding.