Endurance Junkie
    Sep 2005

Coyote Hill 2013

Coyote Hill is coming up on May 26 (Memorial Day weekend) - should be a fun race. Who's in?

https://www.bikereg.com/Net/19467

mtbr member
    I am planning on racing and I know a few other Putney riders are in. I was hoping to preride today or tomorrow morning, but am not sure if the course is laid out/cleared yet. Any word on that?

Wardo

Endurance Junkie
    Sep 2005
    Haven't heard anything about the course. I've actually never ridden there, but I'm excited for the race. Hopefully we can get more than 2 guys in my cat...

mtbr member
    I went up last night and rode two laps with Tom. The course has a bunch of new singletrack, has the usual rocks and lots of slick roots. Given the forecast I am expecting it to be a real mess by the time the Cat 2's go, but having bever raced there before I can't really speak to how it will hold up.

Wardo

Endurance Junkie
    Sep 2005
    Was it particularly muddy when you rode it? The only hope is that there aren't a ton of racers signed up so maybe it won't get too trashed.

Also, what tires are you planning to run? I have a Specialized Renegade rear, which works well for drier conditions but is pretty crappy in this stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Coyote Hill 2013

Gona be a slop fest!
    Will be my First time riding there. Looking forward to it - SS cat1 to get the full 18miles ( and so I can watch World Cup xc live at 8am on RedBullTV !)

Id much rather race in 40 degree wet weather in VT, then do just about anything.

Tires - RR rear and NN front
    32x19 gear but I have no idea what to expect

Don't chicken out
    Selma Ti.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure I'm in. Not Pre-reg'd, but I'll be 30-39 cat 2. I'm making the bad decision of running a brand new front tire and a model I've never run before. Should be a real fun mess. RaRa in the back and Maxxis Ikon on the front. At least it's a big 2.35.
    Any comparisons to previous courses this year would be much appreciated. The wet rocks were a bit relentless at Winsted last week by the time the Cat 2's took off. I bit it hard a couple of times and really would like to avoid that this week...