mtbr member

Concord, NH area rides starting Tuesday nights

Ok, for anyone game I will be starting up weekly group rides in the Concord, NH area. The locations change around weekly and usually include Hospital and quarry trails, Mast Yard, Bear Brook, Franklin Falls, Bow Trails, etc.

5:30pm typical start time, but sometimes 6pm. If anyone is interested we can post weekly information here.

SSasquatch
    Excellent, lots of options for the area now. If interested we can post the ride info on the CNHNemba site if you have it in advance. PM me for details.

CNHNemba will be starting our weekly Thursday rides starting next week (fast-ish pace). Location varies from week to week. We will also be doing a beginner/novice ride every Friday at Franklin Falls starting soon.

-matt
    Central NH NEMBA
    www.cnhnemba.org

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'd be down for Tuesday night rides. Post up details when you've got 'em.

mtbr member
    Count me in for any of those rides.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

thursday rides

I am interested in the thursday night rides. I would be coming from Grantham if anyone is interested in carpooling.
    Greg

2OFME
    Sep 2006
    If all goes as planned this weekend, you will be able to go to ON & OFF RHODES and there will be a tab by Sunday evening called "Tuesday Rides". We will post time and location for the Tuesday night rides by most Sunday evenings.

-Pete

mtbr member
    The first Tuesday ride is planned for Bear Brook. Meet at the hiker parking lot in the center of the park. 5:45PM start time.

mtbr member
    Three of us hit up Bear Brook tonight. The conditions there are awesome right now. Bow trails more than likely next week. Keep an eye out here or at ON & OFF RHODES for details.

Tim thanks for joining me and my brother.

mtbr member
    Too bad i worked to 9pm tonight. And too bad my bike is on its way to utah. I live 1 mile from bear brooks back entrance =/

Full fledged member
    Hey Pete. I am going to try and join you and Paul one of these Tuesdays. Hopefully next month. I will keep checking out your updates for the group rides.
    1.21 Gigawatts

mtbr member
    I am looking to hook up with some more local week night rides. I am in Dover and may be able to break away for a Tuesday night spin with a new group. A few years back I was heading up to Laconia to ride with the Chainline Cycles crew, but that's when I lived in Rochester. Anyone willing to travel to Fort Rock on a Tuesday? Trails have been stellar lately and is always a good time!
    08 BMC Trailfox 02
    07 Rocky Mtn Solo 10
    00 GT Pro Performer

Rebuild it with RWC!

mtbr member
    Bow Memorial school parking lot 5:30pm for 4/17 ride.

mtbr member
    More than likely a road ride this week. Back to the dirt next week.

mtbr member
    Anyone interested in riding the Tuesday night ride tomorrow night should try to meet @ 5:30 near the gate on Langley Parkway where it ends at the Concord Hospital grounds. We'll be riding the hospital trails and the quarries. Forecast is for potential showers. If it is pouring at 5:30 we'll cancel the ride.

2OFME
    Sep 2006
    100% chance of rain basically all day tomorrow on 5/8/12. No Concord area mtn bike ride is planned at this point. 50's and rain is not my idea of fun right now. Hopefully the weather pattern will change by next Tuesday.
    -Pete

mtbr member
    Well, Tuesday nights have been pretty sketchy lately. Like tonights thunderstorms, not the best conditions to ride in.

So, instead the group ride will be Thursday this week and the plan is to ride the 6/12/24 hour course at Pats Peak. Meet in the parking lot no later thank 6pm. Plan on riding two laps.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Love the Peak's course. Spend my winters working there

2OFME
    Sep 2006
    Now that we finally have a decent looking Tuesday Forecast, the Tuesday ride for 6/19/12 will be riding the hospital trails, St Paul's, and Bow trails. Meet at the yellow gate on the Concord Hospital side of Langley Parkway for 6pm.

-Pete

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey everyone, I'm moving to Concord late this week to start my new job and I am looking to check out the trails around Concord. I started riding seriously this year, I bought a Specialized Hardrock so I'm not into anything too extreme. I'd like to think I can hold my own considering given my experience and equipment though. Right now I'm living in the Woodsville area and I've met some of the locals who have been whipping me into shape and giving me a taste for some more technical riding.

I've heard great things about the trails around Concord and have found several maps, but riding is always more fun with other people.

Are these weekly rides still going on? Anyone want to show the new guy what the area has to offer?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aberth802 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm moving to Concord late this week to start my new job and I am looking to check out the trails around Concord. I started riding seriously this year, I bought a Specialized Hardrock so I'm not into anything too extreme. I'd like to think I can hold my own considering given my experience and equipment though. Right now I'm living in the Woodsville area and I've met some of the locals who have been whipping me into shape and giving me a taste for some more technical riding.

I've heard great things about the trails around Concord and have found several maps, but riding is always more fun with other people.

Are these weekly rides still going on? Anyone want to show the new guy what the area has to offer?
    My brother just moved to Oregon, but I am keeping it alive on Tuesday nights as much as I can. PM me your email address and I can add you to the list I send out. Nothing this week since tomorrows weather is supposed to blow.