never ender

Camping near KT this weekend?

Howdy. I'm a newcomer to the East and I'm thinking about driving up from Boston to Kingdom Trails to camp out and shred for a couple of days this weekend. I don't have any real sense of how busy it will be up there...given the weather, are campsites likely to be packed on a holiday weekend?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Yes sir they are,
    I would shoot for the Willoughby lake region. It also depends a lot on how much the Canadians show. I doubt they celebrate Colomubus but if the weather is nice, this late in the year, expect your mind to be blown with just how busy it is. Anyway, parking may be tough, and be prepared to pay if you park at the top of Darling Hill, and possibly if you want to use the toll road up the ski area. You can try the Campgroud at the ski area to see if they are open but I doubt they will have anything available. Like I said, look into Lake WIlloughby area, its beautiful and there are 2 campgrounds both will be heavy with bikers, but I doubt they will both be full. And if you havent ridden there before, I'll just say this " Harp, Tap n Die, River Run, Webs, Old Webs, Pines, Kitchel...... Camptown, Roly Grail, Burnham Down . HAVE FUN

mtbr member
    I think the Canadians celebrate their thanksgiving this weekend. As for the toll road, KT indicates the summit trails are closed. Not sure if they will stay that way this weekend. Heading up after work today.

You could always go to the Packing House in Lyndonville and try to hook up with a college girl for a place to stay!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    they will open those mtn side trails on friday .

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    The only trails currently closed on the mtn side are strictly downhill trails(summit trails) anyway, but like I said they will open friday.