mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Camden Maine (Snow Bowl) XC and Lift serve riding

Camden Snow Bowl will be running the chairlift tfor mountain bikers on Sep 8th,Oct 7th, 14th, and 21st. $5 per ride or $15 for unlimited (Sep 8th is $25 during the Harvest Hootenany music fest) Worth the trip. Riding is unreal right now, whether it's 15 minute DH runs or over an hour connecting to the XC trails.

Here's a video of our new trail build currently in progress.
    Natty Tread Build Progress: Day 8 on Vimeo

Last edited by rockville; 09-03-2012 at 07:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    wish I could get up there... I rode there last year on one of the lift served days... not alot of trails, but no line and nice trails... the scenery is hard to beat though! Any improvements since last year? I know there were a few guys working hard at it...
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Any other up coming lift days? Working that weekend but would like to make it out a different day!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Lift rates are $15 except for Sept 8th, which will be $25 due to a concurrent music festival and fundraising event for five Town Communities that Care.

Hoot | Five Town Communities That Care

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Shaping a table on the new gravity trail

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Table tops on the jump line are beginning to take shape.

mtbr member
    Thanks for that flyer. My GF and I will be visiting the Acadia area for the first time on the weekend of Sept 8th. I'm not a gravity person, but enjoy techy trails. Can i have i have fun on a longer travel XC bike?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Your XC bike will be fine. We have plenty of tech. Think of it as lift serve XC riding. You can take a 15 minute ride down or ride for a few hours if you mix in the adjacent trails in the Ragged Mountain Preserve. The new gravity trail is suited for a wide range of abilities and bikes. I've been riding it on my Pugsley and my wife just rode it for the first time today.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

mtbr member
    Mother-effer! I was stuck in Camden all last week with no bike. If I had known, I would have brought my ride but every day I was there I was "supposed" to leave. I did get to borrow a car and drive up to the mountain to check out the map and see them trucking in some new dirt. We did get in some hiking at Battie and Maiden Cliffs. Also toured the USS Normandy, an active naval missile cruiser.

I would love to go back and ride but I am sick of Camden after spending a week there.