sinner
    Jan 2007

Burke Mtn Enduro

I saw on Bike Reg that there is a Burke Mtn Enduro coming up in Oct.

Does anyone have any info on that? Should be a very fun time.

Ducks for Moose
    I haven't riden it yet. Maybe this year

CircumBurke Challenge

sinner
    Jan 2007
    This Takes place on The 13th.

Circumburke is on the 28th.

Both look like fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Linky for enduro. Not much info

Burke Bike Park Kingdom Enduro » SkiBurke

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Both should be fun, but they are a bit different. The CircumBurke is an "old school" Challenge that circumnavigates Burke and Umpire mountains. It takes you to some trails in the quiet town of Victory that most people haven't seen before. It's pretty neat to see what lies on the other side of the Kingdom Trails. This is our third year, so it is coming up to speed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I was thinking about signing up for the Enduro with some friends but since we have so little information about it we moved on and have different plans.

The whole "more trail information available closer to event date" thing is a little too vague....what types of trails? Are we talking upper J-Bar or Jester, Moose Alley, Downhill trail, Enchanted, etc. these are very different in terms of skill and equipment so without information the people I talked to moved on. Too bad, I really would like to support anything they do.

The one through Victory sounds like fun, too bad it is right smack dab in the middle of our hunting season.....One the season starts the bike doesn't get as much use.....

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The course is being under fairly tight wraps because from what we have heard through various other enduros that have been held, the exact course is not released until the day of the race....

What I can tell you is the following....
    The first leg is 0.85 miles, 250’ of elevation gain / climb, and it takes approx 9 minutes
    The second leg is 2 miles, over 800’ of vertical decent, and takes approx 9 minutes
    The last leg 1 mile long, just over 550’ of vertical decent, and takes approx just under 4 minutes
    Total race time should take about 22 minutes. There may be a few untimed climbing stations as well....

Hope this helps. Look forward to seeing you all there!

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vermontmtber View Post
    The course is being under fairly tight wraps because from what we have heard through various other enduros that have been held, the exact course is not released until the day of the race....

What I can tell you is the following....
    The first leg is 0.85 miles, 250’ of elevation gain / climb, and it takes approx 9 minutes
    The second leg is 2 miles, over 800’ of vertical decent, and takes approx 9 minutes
    The last leg 1 mile long, just over 550’ of vertical decent, and takes approx just under 4 minutes
    Total race time should take about 22 minutes. There may be a few untimed climbing stations as well....

Hope this helps. Look forward to seeing you all there!
    yeah actually only true in vermont soul rider land.

Every other enduro including highland releases their course info. How are non local suppose to compete with locals who know the trail so well that any which way, and will know exactly what is coming up.

its a race. Not some soul rider show down.

think
    Jul 2008
    A timed climbing segment...someone needs the enduro format explained to them. I'll be there either way, but that's a bit of a shame.

I'm also not so sure about this mystery route. Most of the other events in the north east release the route and it's open for pre-riding. For that matter there are organized pre-rides by the promoters at both Michaux and Mountain Creek.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    So...

As far as releasing any information on the race until later on, this was pulled directly from Mountain Creeks website...
    "To prevent any unfair advantages in training and to keep an element of excitement we will not be releasing any specific stage information until the week of the race."

Here is Highlands description of the course...
    "The course is still being built so stay tuned for course profile and description!"

That is kinda of where we are at with our course. While it is not set in stone, we think we have a pretty good course so far. We will probably give more info as we gather it and the race draws near, but we are certainly not going to divulge all the information weeks before the race.... it seems nobody does that.

This was also pulled from Mountain Creek's website as far as the climbing goes...
    "The “specials” will consist primarily of downhill and technical sections but riders should expect to climb up to 10-20% of the total distance of each stage. The “transport” stages between each "special" will move riders from one area of the mountain to the other and may include some significant climbs."

That is very similar to what we have set up. This is our first race we've ever put on, so yeah, there will be things to improve on once we see how it all goes. No matter what the format though, there will always be people making suggestions for a better course, griping about climbing that section, or not using a certain trail for a descent.

The fact remains that we are hoping to put on a great race and given our terrain I feel we will. Please keep in mind that we do have restrictions for what trails we can include in a race. We have a Board of Directors and a Trails Committee that oversee our operations and make the final call on what trails are usable and what are not, as well as many trails that are on State land and are off limits unless we jumping through a million hoops to get access.

With all that said we hope to see you all on the 13th!

mtbr member
    Haters gonna hate.

I rode Highland last year. I didn't know crap about the course until the day I rode it (In fact, I was late to the start, since I took a quick run on the first stage and then decided to check out a bunch of the second stage that morning). They completely changed the race format about 2 weeks prior to the event, too.

Peeps that came the day before were the only ones that had a real opportunity to check out the course, and with Highland, you couldn't pre-ride the third stage. Only walk it.

Can't wait to check it out!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Either way, I wish the event success......

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Here's a bit more info for the Kingdom Enduro on Saturday, Ocotber 13th....
    Total timed stages: +/- 26 minutes
    Total timed mileage: 4.5 miles
    Total time of transport/timed stages: +/- 1 hour 26 mins
    Total elevation gain (transports): ~1,302’
    Total vertical descent (timed): ~1,615’
    Total miles: 8
    It's gonna be a great race! See you all there!!

backwoods and backwards
    The course isn't spelled out but the trails are named here

Burke Bike Park Kingdom Enduro » SkiBurke

never done a race in my life, but this one sounds like fun...
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!