mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Burke Mtn Downhill Rentals

Going to Nemba fest and just learning that Burke doesn't rent out downhill bikes. Anyone know of a local place?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Last year they had Norco Aurums. I think that East Burke Sports has Sessons - they did last year anyway. That said, while a DH bike is fun at the Burke Bike Park, it is hardly mandatory and many people prefer to ride it on a trail bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by epic View Post
    Last year they had Norco Aurums. I think that East Burke Sports has Sessons - they did last year anyway. That said, while a DH bike is fun at the Burke Bike Park, it is hardly mandatory and many people prefer to ride it on a trail bike.
    Shuttle from the top and the DH bike will be MUCH better!

banned
    Sep 2008
    ride to the top, pu$$ies! tis a good stout climb. earn you descent

rog

cranktankerous Mainer
    Please shut up Rog, nobody lives in your fantastic fantasy bubble and nobody wants to.
    Been there, done that... don't remember it.
    Tallboy LTc & Bronson

cranktankerous Mainer
    @ marathon Dave- also don't forget about all the demo bikes at the event you could try out for free. You really don't need a full on DH rig for mid mountain lift serve trails. The trails from the top of are a bit more gnarly in spots, but if you're totally awesome you could easily ride a cross bike up the road and then down the DH trails from the top.. but only if your totally awesome.
    Tallboy LTc & Bronson

banned
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddski View Post
    Please shut up Rog, nobody lives in your fantastic fantasy bubble and nobody wants to.
    Ooh look at you. Time for you take another lil mtbr break toddy.

rog

mtbr member
    @ marathon Dave- also don't forget about all the demo bikes at the event you could try out for free. You really don't need a full on DH rig for mid mountain lift serve trails. The trails from the top of are a bit more gnarly in spots, but if you're totally awesome you could easily ride a cross bike up the road and then down the DH trails from the top.. but only if your totally awesome.
    I heard that with the event shift this year, there won't be any downhill demos. East Burke sports web site says they rent Trek Session? Might be able to grab one from sugarbush/killington for the weekend? Skirack in Burlington had a couple downhill rigs and they have a $50 try before you buy.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Don't wear beacons, MAAAN, they are for pVSsies....
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    I love how TGR trolling infest every web forum in the world.

banned
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    I love how TGR trolling infest every web forum in the world.
    TGR? never heard of it. sounds wicked hahd core, guy.

busting ballz brings out the crybabies real quick. like todd

:-*

rog

cranktankerous Mainer
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    busting ballz brings out the crybabies real quick. like todd

So let me get this straight, first you call everyone a pu$$y because they don't pedal to the top and then you call me a crybaby because I don't agree with the completely stupid troll things you say?! That is your response to call me names? The OP was asking a question and instead of helping in a valid way, you feel the need to derail and remind us all (yet again) how completely awesome “the Rog's way” of doing things is. How can people take you seriously when you have no baseline? Two years ago, a cross bike was all anybody needed to ride around KT, now according to you- just need a fat bike and no trails?! Which btw, you’re your new “York” trails really kind of suck because they have no flow and just ride just like a slow fat bike just wandering through the woods, eh, really don’t see the logic bragging about those, they are nothing to get all excited about, but “Hey everyone, I’m just riding my fat bike around being awesome making new trails without permission from the land owner!” really?, that’s cool to post on a bike forum? I don’t think so, and it just goes to show how messed up your brain works. Get over yourself, joking or not, all you are doing is riding a bicycle (or skiing), it's not like you are pioneering the moon or saving sick children from a mystery illness...you're just selfishly riding a dumb mechanical thing in the woods- just like everybody else is! There is no need to rub people the wrong way all the time, it’s negative. Your trip reports suck because it’s all bla, bla, bla, no pictures, no map data, “I’m awesome everybody else is an idiot.” You seem to demand respect for being so special unique, I really don't see it. You think you’re funny? nope, offensive. You like doing things the hard way, well good for you, the other 99% considers that the DUMB way. You rest your credentials on that you’re fast and like climbing, unfortunately that a very limited view of the sport. You also seem to get great satisfaction and thrive on belittling everyone with bravado, yet can't handle any type of negative feedback? Who is exactly is the crybaby?

You know Rodger, I ‘ve known you for a long time and I have always enjoyed riding with you, but I simply cannot shed the layers of crap off my mind that have been deposited by your mouth. The scale has tipped and I am just too embarrassed to be associated with you. I am incapable of respecting someone with such little regard for others. Add me to the long list of people that just roll their eyes and say “total jackass” when your name is brought up. If you’re not going to listen to advice from anyone, then why do you even need real friends? I suppose that’s why you put so much effort into selling yourself on internet forums, for only a few keyboard commandos that believe all your BS, and that’s pretty sad. Karma, good luck with that.
    Tallboy LTc & Bronson

mtbr member
    Did someone order a tuna melt in here?

I don't know either of you and Todd you may be 100% right about Rog. But maybe next time try a PM to sort out your personal drama.
    All good things in all good time

banned
    Sep 2008
    So let me get this straight, first you call everyone a pu$$y because they don't pedal to the top and then you call me a crybaby because I don't agree with the completely stupid troll things you say?! That is your response to call me names? The OP was asking a question and instead of helping in a valid way, you feel the need to derail and remind us all (yet again) how completely awesome “the Rog's way” of doing things is. How can people take you seriously when you have no baseline? Two years ago, a cross bike was all anybody needed to ride around KT, now according to you- just need a fat bike and no trails?! Which btw, you’re your new “York” trails really kind of suck because they have no flow and just ride just like a slow fat bike just wandering through the woods, eh, really don’t see the logic bragging about those, they are nothing to get all excited about, but “Hey everyone, I’m just riding my fat bike around being awesome making new trails without permission from the land owner!” really?, that’s cool to post on a bike forum? I don’t think so, and it just goes to show how messed up your brain works. Get over yourself, joking or not, all you are doing is riding a bicycle (or skiing), it's not like you are pioneering the moon or saving sick children from a mystery illness...you're just selfishly riding a dumb mechanical thing in the woods- just like everybody else is! There is no need to rub people the wrong way all the time, it’s negative. Your trip reports suck because it’s all bla, bla, bla, no pictures, no map data, “I’m awesome everybody else is an idiot.” You seem to demand respect for being so special unique, I really don't see it. You think you’re funny? nope, offensive. You like doing things the hard way, well good for you, the other 99% considers that the DUMB way. You rest your credentials on that you’re fast and like climbing, unfortunately that a very limited view of the sport. You also seem to get great satisfaction and thrive on belittling everyone with bravado, yet can't handle any type of negative feedback? Who is exactly is the crybaby?

You know Rodger, I ‘ve known you for a long time and I have always enjoyed riding with you, but I simply cannot shed the layers of crap off my mind that have been deposited by your mouth. The scale has tipped and I am just too embarrassed to be associated with you. I am incapable of respecting someone with such little regard for others. Add me to the long list of people that just roll their eyes and say “total jackass” when your name is brought up. If you’re not going to listen to advice from anyone, then why do you even need real friends? I suppose that’s why you put so much effort into selling yourself on internet forums, for only a few keyboard commandos that believe all your BS, and that’s pretty sad. Karma, good luck with that.
    someone needs a hug

rog

banned
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzaboom View Post
    Did someone order a tuna melt in here?

I don't know either of you and Todd you may be 100% right about Rog. But maybe next time try a PM to sort out your personal drama.
    ya, quite the novel. sensitive type. pisces? we've ridden twice. once in like 1999 on the cape for a nemba thingy. and once last year. have never hung out. just said hi in passing.

quite the lil ***** fest for someone that lives a short distance from me and would never say squat to me to my face. he found his lil drama venue here. good for you todd.

see you around town

p.s. anyone find dh rentals yet? i'd bet highland would rent you one.

rog

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Right On...At NembaFest we have the "Biking Ego Dualathon" bring your Zero Speeds and get it On. Up, Down, In , Out...no gears, nothing ...Go Figure....How fast Is Zero!!!

banned
    Sep 2008
    hmmmmm, zero speed. you may be onto somethin. "they" all laughed at us for riding our "clown bike" 29ers back in 03'. now who's laughing? gulp

even todd gave in

fatbikes are gonna take over now. a zero speed fatbike would be sick!

rog

mtbr member
    I am with Todd, Rog sounds like a tool. Who cares what kind of bike you ride or what ev's.
    It's the process.....

banned
    Sep 2008
    ^^^^^^maybe you two should hug it out. who knew that alvinnf was a piggy backer

rog

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So, yeah, downhill rentals at Burke...

I don't know if they still have it up, but the Burke website used to suggest a 5"+ full sprung bike to enjoy the goods on the mountain side. I've ridden most of it with a 5" bike and with a 6" bike. The 6" was(is) totally sufficient, as long as you don't overshoot any big doubles and taco your wheel on the first run of the day...not that I'd know anything about that.

I would recommend a good full face helmet though. See above.

My last trip up there I rode with a group of guys on everything from coil sprung freeride bikes to 120mm 29ers. Everyone loved it and no one complained about their bike. DH bikes were available, but no one went for them. Sure, they'd be fun, but totally optional unless all you have is a hybrid.