mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Bike Shop near Burlington w/ customer work station?

I'm flying into Burlington in September with my bike and could use a place to put it back together. I know of a few shops out here in Colorado that have a work station with tools for customers to work on their bike.

Seeing if there is a shop in Burlington (or within an hours drive...ideally Stowe) that has such a thing.

I can put it together with my basic tools I bring with me, but it sure is a lot nicer to have a stand, etc.

Moderator Moderator
    Maybe Bike Recycle VT in Burlington, more of a co-op than a shop. Check I-Ride in Stowe, maybe it would be covered under their mental health counseling rate (6-pack) if they have a stand free.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Thanks I was thinking that would work at I-ride. That shop was just opening when I moved away from Stowe and thought it was a pretty down to earth shop.

I'll check out Bike Recycle first...getting into B-town around 11am and heading up to Quebec for a few days of riding there before returning to VT. I want to go to the Habs game that night so I'm not sure I have enough time to get to Stowe and up to the game in time.

EDIT: Checked Bike Recycle. They are closed on Monday and that's the day I get in.

Might have to just put the bike together in the hotel room. I've done it before...it's not horrible.

Can't wait to get back to riding on trails with real dirt and deciduous trees overhead.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    If you belong to Warmshowers.org, could get with some Burlington entries there and see if someone could help you out. Could ask at Old Spokes Home, but I'd guess they also won't allow customer to work in the back room. I think Local Motion, down on the waterfront has an outdoor work station/air pump, check with them.