mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Bike paths near Concord, NH?

I've been riding around Concord, NH alot lately and having been trying to locate some bike paths in the area. The only one i've been able to find is the one that goes along I-89 off Silk Farm Rd. Does anyone know of any others in the area?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    AFAIK that's the only paved bike path in the area. The Heritage Trail that runs along the Merrimack is dirt, but is sort of bike pathish.

mtbr member
    There is also the very short one that cuts over from NHTI to Eastman St. along 93 over the river. The clearing for the new proposed Merrimack River Green Trail from Loudon Rd. to the bottome of Manchester St. was started last night. The first phase was to get all the homeless people and their tents out of there, clean up all the garbage left behind, and make a dirt path. My guess is that it will be awhile until it gets paved. The long term goal is to have a rail-trail all the way from Salem up to Lebanon. Check out www.northernrailtrail.org and www.fnrt.org for some good paths a little further North.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by offrhodes42 View Post
    There is also the very short one that cuts over from NHTI to Eastman St. along 93 over the river. The clearing for the new proposed Merrimack River Green Trail from Loudon Rd....
    I was actually going to go help clean up the Merrimack River Greenway Trail last Thursday but wasn't able to make it. Did you go? I read in the paper today that paving cost could be around $12 million, which I dont foresee Concord spending anytime soon. Its a shame!

mtbr member
    My wife went and helped clean the area the first night, there were 46 people that showed up the first night. I was going to go on Friday, but they ended up postponing that. This project is going to take a long time to get completed and will probably be years before it gets paved. The city is not going to front that money, it is going to have to be done through grants and fund raising. A bridge needs to be built over the wetland area near Manchester St also. Lots to do and more than likely lots of time.