Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005

Big plans for Bear Brook

We have been working with the state on a comprehensive plan to revamp and add lots of new trails along with new signage, permanently marked loops and much more.
    We will kicking this effort off Columbus day weekend and will need lots of help.
    Mark your calendars, stay at the campground if you like , show up for a day or the whole weekend Tell your friends all are welcome

Please RSVP
    dansloan@comcast.net

Tool
    Cool - I'm in!

This is 10/6 and 10/7 correct?
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Oh ya, love Bear Brook this will be great!

the train keeps rollin
    Hi Dan, is there a master plan that shows where the new trails are proposed you can share?

I let you know about the singletrack off new rye rd. It needs to be sanctioned, and added on to, perfect area for a 2 mile loop.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    This great news somebody needs to take the state parks people up to east burke because bear brook has the resources to be the Kingdom trails of the south and it could generate a lot of money for the state!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain48 View Post
    This great news somebody needs to take the state parks people up to east burke because bear brook has the resources to be the Kingdom trails of the south and it could generate a lot of money for the state!!
    bear brook is already better than kingdom trails in many ways. we don't need another kingdom trails. kingdom trails=short little trails (cept for a couple on mt side), crowded, and no feel of being out in the wilderness really. it's a cluster of over ridden over marked disney poo compared to bear brook.

now do ya really wanna know how i feel? $hit, i'm outta beer again!!!

rog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    bear brook is already better than kingdom trails in many ways. we don't need another kingdom trails. kingdom trails=short little trails (cept for a couple on mt side), crowded, and no feel of being out in the wilderness really. it's a cluster of over ridden over marked disney poo compared to bear brook.

now do ya really wanna know how i feel? $hit, i'm outta beer again!!!

rog
    Its just shocking that you feel this way, Rog you always have such wonderful and positive outlooks when you weigh in your highly respected and learned opinion
    I know its really gonna suck tomorrow when I head up to KT to ride miles and miles of fun trails in a sweet mtn biker friendly town. All you do is whine and cry about how stuff sucks, Burke is gonna suck cause Jay Peak bought it and so on. Sorry not all of us are Single Speed Rigid riders that think if more than 5 people know about a trail and ride it that its lame and blown up. Last time I checked our state makes a crap load of $$ off people coming to visit and take advantage of our awesome sights and attractions. Call me crazy but I also believe that our state parks make a good chunk of money.
    Allenstown is a sad place out side of bear brook and more people traveling there and putting money into a town that is dead broke is in my mind a good thing. I love bear brook the way it is now and welcome the new trails and deeply thank all that will help and donate there time. You on the other hand will Bit#h and Moan about how all the new trails are crap just like Suspension Forks, Strava, Gps, gears, Jay Peak, and all the other things I have heard you piss and moan about on this board you angry troll.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    ^^^^^^^^^^^hahahahahahahahahahaha. awesome, so fvcking awesome. thanx for that^^^^^^^^^

like shooting fish in a barrel.......

tissue?

rog

mtbr member
    and there it goes.. haha, I knew this thread wouldn't last long before turning to crap..
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

the train keeps rollin
    Back to Bear Brook. I'm all for adding more quality trail riding, signage, suggested loops to steer the newbies & equestrians on the right path.

@ Freighttrain.. BB will never be KT, there's no VT village in the center of it all. There's no ski lifts, shuttles, no machine built trails, no bus loads of team subways... I don't see that changing. The closest town that offers lodging and apres ride is Concord, 20-30 minutes away. Allenstown, blue collar town, but hardly a "sad" place. You ever been into Bi-Wise market, they have belgium beers and nice looking store clerks, enough said.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    the place really is an oasis.

rog

mtbr member
    maybe it's the fact that It was my back yard for years... and I've ridden the trails 1000 times... it just doesn't do much for me anymore i mean it's good, but it could be so much better.. I think that's why this plan has come about.. lets just hope that the trail building will go over that 4' huck in places instead of around, an maybe put a decent landing below it, and put a berm in where needed sometimes....

On another note with the comparison to burke... NH has a state park dedicated to ATV's... why not one that gears toward mtbers? Perfect location, elevation it's got it all.... we'll see if they have what it takes to do it right..
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

Old, Fat and Slow
    Aug 2012
    I could see a promotion of a "mountain biking trail" similar to the Robert Trent Jones golf trail in Alabama.

It would run along 93/101 with all the fine MTBing available... imagine the mix and match possibilities with Hampstead, Mushsquash (tons of untapped potential there...), FOMBA, A totally built up Bear Brook, Pawtuckaway and Fort Rock on the end.

Imagine if just a little bit of resources were poured into better trail conditions - design, construction/retrofit, trail marking (huge for visitors!), etc.

Come stay in Manchvegas and have over 100 miles of quality New England MTBing within a 45 minute (or less drive). Ride Bear Brook section in the morning, have lunch and then hit the technical fest that is Fort Rock in the afternoon.

The infrastructure is there (Manchester hotels, bars, a cheap to fly in/out of AIRPORT), the trails are already there to begin and there is so much untapped opportunity for more/better trails with something more than just volunteer effort...

Just sayin... think big, get big results.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    you can connect that stuff via the dirt rail bed that runs from newfields all the way to manch.

rog

Old, Fat and Slow
    Aug 2012
    Yup, you could sketch out plenty of epic rides but riding rail beds can be seen as a cheap way to make a big epic.

maybe for weekends we could get Manchester to run a "bike trolley" that will take you from trail head to trail head for free... park in Manch (park and ride lot? Maybe DT somewhere near bars/restaurants/hotels to encourage tourism), ride a bunch of different places without having to go through the whole "unlock the bike, unload the bike, lock up the stuff, ride, load up the bike, lock the bike, yadda, yadda, yadda" process. How cool would that be? Maybe even offer up water to restock camelbacks, sell small snacks/power bars/etc., to help defray costs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    well $hit, how are ya gonna factor in the hookers n blo? you got some re-figuring to do me thinks.

rog

mtbr member
    It would be nice for some companies to pick up on the closeness of all the awesome trails around here.
    Even though railroad beds connect a lot of the major trail systems, they sure are pretty boring to ride... I can't be the only person who finds railroad beds rather mundane.

Now if they were connected via singletrack style, that would be good fun!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    go cut it^^^^^^^^

rog

mtbr member
    No time! Too busy riding the trails and enjoying them the way they are!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    Back to Bear Brook. I'm all for adding more quality trail riding, signage, suggested loops to steer the newbies & equestrians on the right path.

@ Freighttrain.. BB will never be KT, there's no VT village in the center of it all. There's no ski lifts, shuttles, no machine built trails, no bus loads of team subways... I don't see that changing. The closest town that offers lodging and apres ride is Concord, 20-30 minutes away. Allenstown, blue collar town, but hardly a "sad" place. You ever been into Bi-Wise market, they have belgium beers and nice looking store clerks, enough said.
    Your missing the whole point snowdrifter, I am not saying lets copy KT and put it in Bear Brook. The thing I love about BB is that it isnt all buff single track or super rocky tech. Its a good mix of both if you wat buff ride hemlock, if you want to tech hedgehog ledge of hall marsh are sweet. As far as lodging maybe you have missed the multiple campgrounds that BB already has set up? There is also motels in Hooksett( not sure how nice but the motels in burke arent Hiltons.) The point was there is a lot we could do to make BB a top level North East Mtn Bike destination like KT or Milestone, not that we need to copy them with lifts and machine built trails( Which only 4 of there many trails are excavated!).

mtbr member
    I've been to BB 3 times so far and have yet to hit some of those trails. I think the park could definitely use some better signage and single-track connectors to form idiot proof loops. That's the case with many mountain bike destinations. You either need to go with a guided group or plan to make multiple visits until you figure out the best trails to ride and what order to take them to avoid fire roads or doubling back. The worst publicity for a park is to convince someone to come and not show them a good time with proper signage and well defined loops.

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005

trailfest columbus day weekend

things are coming along nicely, the trailfest is definate
    we've been advised not to talk details until they are formal in writing so all I can say
    ITS GOING TO BE ****ING GREAT

come to the trailfest , last one of the season plenty more to come . This project will take years to complete

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
    I've been to BB 3 times so far and have yet to hit some of those trails. I think the park could definitely use some better signage and single-track connectors to form idiot proof loops. That's the case with many mountain bike destinations. You either need to go with a guided group or plan to make multiple visits until you figure out the best trails to ride and what order to take them to avoid fire roads or doubling back. The worst publicity for a park is to convince someone to come and not show them a good time with proper signage and well defined loops.
    ya, adventure and figuring stuff out on yer own is lame. life is so hard ain't it?

rog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    ya, adventure and figuring stuff out on yer own is lame. life is so hard ain't it?

rog
    If the place is close by, I love discovering new trails...but if I have to drive over an hour it would be nice for someone to point out which trails I should ride so I don't end up on dedicated hiking trails.