Competent User

Best places to ride around Augusta?

I'm heading up to Maine this weekend, and will be staying in West Gardiner, not too far from Augusta, and wondered if you guys could recommend me any nearby riding. I read some reviews on Bond Brook, which sounds promising. I'd really like to get to Bradbury Mountain, but it might be a bit too far to fit in.

I grew up in Brunswick, but that was a long time ago, and I don't know where the good riding is now. I didn't know where it was then either, actually.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Bond Brook is the best in town Augusta. Sumerhaven is decent but not easy to navigate if you do not know the route. Bradbury is 30min or less from W. Gardner.

Competent User
    I googled the drive, and it said it was more like 55 minutes.

Either way thanks for the reply!

mtbr member
    CeMeNEMBA

bradbury is the best in the area...should be less than 55 minutes. you can go portland to augusta in that timeframe

mtbr member
    Depends on how far off 295 you are. When I lived in Gardner I was 5 minutes off the highway and I could reach Portland in 50 minutes. Bradbury was at least 15 minutes less. It is off the highway by about 10 minutes but who cares. Even if it were an hour, it is the best place to ride in the area. Bond brook is fun but it is still being developed and not nearly as buff or pretty as Bradbury.