Mr. Happy

Berlin VT - Stuntry Riding - Looking For Areas

So,

I have recently moved to Berlin VT from Central CT. I am on Berlin Pond, right on the other side of the Irish Hill biking area. I've ridden Irish Hill a few times since my move this summer, but I have yet to find any real 'stuntry' rides locally.

When I ask around I get pointed at Millstone Quarry -- awesome place btw, but I am looking for more of some 'local trails' with drops, log rides, rollers.. technical ups.. etc.

Anyone from the area able to point me in the right direction or give me a tour?

I'd like to get some good ole fashion technical riding in!!

Worth noting, I did ask and get on some local riding list, ended up being more of a bible/missionary/church list than any actual rides. I am off that list.

I know there are some trails out there, there has to be... local bike shops point me to the commercial places... riders on the trails I am riding on.. same thing.. Kingdom trails.. Millstone...
    Last edited by trev71; 10-03-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Spelling on the subject... zomg..

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hit up Perry Hill in Waterbury, might be to your liking. No man-made obstacles, but plenty of technical stuff.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    There is lots within a short drive. To the south: trails across from Norwich University, ( search this forum their was a hand drawn map posted a year or two back), STAB trails around Mt.Ascutney, Pittsfield VT (Green mountain trails), Waterbury, mad river valley, Stowe ( you need a local for the real goods). Killington and sugarbush downhill lift serviced further north Hinesburge, carse hills and sleep hollow (fellowship of the wheel)

Mr. Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by murph62903 View Post
    There is lots within a short drive. To the south: trails across from Norwich University, ( search this forum their was a hand drawn map posted a year or two back), STAB trails around Mt.Ascutney, Pittsfield VT (Green mountain trails), Waterbury, mad river valley, Stowe ( you need a local for the real goods). Killington and sugarbush downhill lift serviced further north Hinesburge, carse hills and sleep hollow (fellowship of the wheel)
    Right, looking for some locals for just this sort of stuff.

The location notes, may help however.

There are ride groups everywhere, just seems everyone is riding the good ole single track -- my god I have no issues with this as it is my primary riding as well -- but this ole man (40) needs some log rides, rollers and drops... every now and then

I have 6" of suspension, front and back... I need to work it out a bit

Mr. Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by willapajames View Post
    Hit up Perry Hill in Waterbury, might be to your liking. No man-made obstacles, but plenty of technical stuff.
    I noted Waterbury.. will ask around.. thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Trev. There is some stuff in Northfield. I haven't ridden it much this year, but you can basically do a big loop out behind the old ski area and drop into some DH trail back to the bottom. Some DJs, drops and steeps, no log rides, but lots of potential. Hit me with a pm and we can chat further.

stoneblender
    Sep 2003
    I can help with the MRValley tech, if you want to come over the hill.

John

Mr. Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Trev. There is some stuff in Northfield. I haven't ridden it much this year, but you can basically do a big loop out behind the old ski area and drop into some DH trail back to the bottom. Some DJs, drops and steeps, no log rides, but lots of potential. Hit me with a pm and we can chat further.
    Sounds good, I'll pm ya here in a moment... thanks

Mr. Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by atkinson View Post
    I can help with the MRValley tech, if you want to come over the hill.

John
    Sounds good, thanks !

mtbr member
    Other than a couple of places in Mass, you aren't likely to find trails that recreate the Conn / NYC Metro style of trails. Lynn Woods and Vietnam in Mass are the closest i've seen elsewhere in New England. And of course those are very far from you. I recommend checking out Bachelor Street near North hampton mass sometime when you are traveling to and from Conn.