mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Bear brook video

bear brook 8/22/2012 - YouTube

Just got a new editing program so I took some old fottage from bear brook over the summer and cut it together. It's my 2nd video made so I'm still getting use to all the functions. And yes there are some falls everyone loves falls lol

Go Bruins!
    I don't know where your cam in mounted but you should strive to have more of a looking forward view versus looking at the ground directly in front of you. You buddy was lucky on that fall off the jump near the beginning. Looks like he caught a tree after he landed. He's lucky it wasn't a bigger tree.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    This was before i owned my own gopro, i was using a family members and he only had the head strap mount and that was the best angle i could get with it because its sits so close to the helmet and it has to be angled down.But on i just bought my own hero 3 and have invested in a few of there different mounts (just missing the roll bar mount and surfboard mount which i have no use for really) so this year should bring some good footage. As far as the fall he kind of turned his body which made him land at an angle and when he landed it shot him into the trees causing his front tire to hit a tree. He seems to do alot of falling with style, im editing up a video of a few crashes we have for the crashes section under the video section of the forum.

beer thief
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridzeg8 View Post
    ... He seems to do alot of falling with style, im editing up a video of a few crashes we have for the crashes section under the video section of the forum.
    That guy in the white skirt needs to use more front brake and A LOT LESS back brake. Some people would call him a skidiot

mtbr member
    haha, skidiot... Can't wait for spring riding at BB... I might have to do a tribute vid of BB this summer. Gotta catch some of those KOM's on video
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

the train keeps rollin
    Manch, what's your strava handle?

+1 on skidiot : )
    beaver hunt

Go Bruins!
    +2.…bad form
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    easy, easyyyy, a bunch of critics on here lol the kid just started this year all of you were at one point in your life new to the sport and had learning to do no need to bash on the kid when you dont even know the situation.

the train keeps rollin
    OP, next time edit the skid marks out of your vid.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I've seen one skid on the video by the rocky area, the first time you see a skid he jumped nd the back tire came out from underneath him and was about to go into the river. ill take your editing out his "skids" idea for my next video, but I'm sure there will be someone else who will have something to nitpick about on the video instead of enjoying the riding videos, it's cool glad you all viewed it anyway!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    This is the kid with the white shorts, these videos are from when we first started and you can't tell me you didn't atleast skid around one corner when you first started. I've learned skidding slows you down and it's better to glide around the corners. This "skidiot" can most likely shred as hard if not harder than most of you hating on me with one year of experience, so don't judge. I can take criticism, but the name calling is uncalled for.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchydome View Post
    This "skidiot" can most likely shred as hard if not harder than most of you hating on me
    No you can't. But you are very good at hitting trees.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Key word "most" and yes, I probably can.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchydome View Post
    Key word "most" and yes, I probably can.
    Dude I just watched a video of your horrible skills.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

the train keeps rollin
    from the vid I watched in this thread, you kids are decent at popping some air time, and washing out.. as for shreding most of us, you better get your head screwed on straight.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Pretty easy to bash on a beginner video, mind posting a video of when you first started? I would probably be saying the same sh!t you're saying. In regards to shredding harder than most of you, I have to defend myself in some way.. I ain't no b!tch. Just get your facts straight before you post "negative" criticism. Also you never know, some people learn faster than others. Think before you speak... Or type.

the train keeps rollin
    Itchydome, not sure who you are talking to, but... VHS was still in play when I started riding, no go-pros. This is MTBR, people are always critical, I wouldn't take it to heart, have fun on your bike.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    More towards Irish and the people who were name dropping, if you have positive criticism I have no problems there is going to be critics. It's just unecessary to give negative feedback. I agree with Snow, instead of sitting here hating on people go ride your bike and be happy.

mtbr member
    Man...I cant wait to ride!! Thanks for the vid.