Wong Way

A Bear Brook Thank You

To Whoever decided to rebuild Little Bear.....THANK YOU!!!

So much better than before, and way more fun.

btw, when doing beaver pond, the bridges are broken so u may eat mud
    (I DID)

gefiltephish
    Aug 2006
    Yes, thank you to the trail workers! New trail on Hemlock was riding great over Labor Day weekend. Awesome work!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Yes Thank You--You know how to bench-not just scuff off some duff to exspose more roots---Now connect the top of Hemlock with The top of Big Bear--a contour trail. FAST AND FLOWY--who does not like big loops....Sven

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I just wish they'd do a better job of marking the trails. I totally recommend this place, but I also recommend bringing a good trail map (printed in color if you can) and paying close attention to where you are.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    you want better trail marking? go to kingdom trails.

rog

mtbr member

Good job!

Great day riding at Bear Brook yesterday...the weather was perfect and the trails were superb! 1st time there with my bro and we really lucked out. Thanks to local and frequent riders couple, Gary and Sheila, we were given a full guided tour of a great perimeter loop. They basically showed us around, let us go ahead, and met up at the next intersection. This made for a much faster more enjoyable 3 hr ride, which we covered about 15 miles and topped it off on Big Bear!...Wow, we are going back to Bear Brook for sure....some of the best riding with lots of recent NEMBA work making it even better! GET over there if you haven't already!
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    07 Rocky Mtn Solo
    00 GT Pro Performer
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    ^^^^^^^^GREAT TO HEAR!!!

place is truly a gem. a standard loop I do is 21 miles without doing anything twice and hits much of the best stuff in one big loop. no mileage milking. making it longer is pretty easy.

get over there oct 6th for the NEMBA event. marked loops up to over 20 miles in length with led rides for all abilities.

rog

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    wow, I really want to check this out, where can I find more information on this event?

beer thief
    Quote Originally Posted by Geohound View Post
    wow, I really want to check this out, where can I find more information on this event?
    Here you go: Bear Brook Boogie

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    rob, you guys riding sunday in n-con?

rog

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    you want better trail marking? go to kingdom trails.

rog
    That's a bit far off for me, but on the bucket list for sure.

We went back this past weekend... was nice. We still weren't able to figure out the exact route we wanted to take, but we made it up Catmount and down Cascade (rocky as hell!). Overall very nice... looking forward to doing one more trip before the season is out.

Quote Originally Posted by godbout.t View Post
    To Whoever decided to rebuild Little Bear.....THANK YOU!!!

So much better than before, and way more fun.
    True this... we were totally gassed at the end of our ride and did this last... what a fantastic way to end it. So much fun!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mumphry View Post
    That's a bit far off for me, but on the bucket list for sure.

We went back this past weekend... was nice. We still weren't able to figure out the exact route we wanted to take, but we made it up Catmount and down Cascade (rocky as hell!). Overall very nice... looking forward to doing one more trip before the season is out.

True this... we were totally gassed at the end of our ride and did this last... what a fantastic way to end it. So much fun!
    heh, were you guys wearing shin guards and in finishing up around around 1230-1pm?

heard 2 guys mentioning that catamount/cascade boulder section. I made that mistake, once, about 18 years ago

we did a 20 mile loop from hiker/biker lot and were finishing up around the same time. was the 1st time riding there for the guy I was riding with. he was very impressed with the place.

rog

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog View Post
    heh, were you guys wearing shin guards and in finishing up around around 1230-1pm?

heard 2 guys mentioning that catamount/cascade boulder section. I made that mistake, once, about 18 years ago

we did a 20 mile loop from hiker/biker lot and were finishing up around the same time. was the 1st time riding there for the guy I was riding with. he was very impressed with the place.

rog
    Nope, we wrapped around 3 or so and neither of us had shinguards. Regardless, I don't see doing that particular section again, though I'm hoping to do Catamount again and this time skip cascade and just hit the back half of the mountain. I'm hoping that's a bit more manageable. Plus, those views are worth the hike a bike up