mtbr member

Bear Brook Snow Update

Hi, Just wondering if any have been out on the trails. Have they seen much traffic? I don't have a fat tired bike, but do fine on the packed crusty snow with my 2.5s. Thanks to any and all that get out there and pack those trail in. thanks vice

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    havnt been to bear brooke but i rode some local trails by my house which are connected to bear brooke. The snomobiles had packed it down pretty well but it was one of the warmer days we had and were the sun could hit the snow it was pretty shitty. Also im running 2.5s on my bike

mtbr member
    Hay Hybridzeg. thanks for the 411. I almost came down to ride sun-mon but I felt it was too warm already. We are going to get some warmer maybe rainy weather, that will crust up them trails nice. Please keep us updated, vice

the train keeps rollin
    Did a short ride out there yesterday, the Packard trails are riding OK, but its just the trails getting the most traffic riding OK. I'd try to catch it early before its warms into soft stuff.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    any updates available? Thinking of heading down for this Sunday. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter View Post
    Did a short ride out there yesterday, the Packard trails are riding OK, but its just the trails getting the most traffic riding OK. I'd try to catch it early before its warms into soft stuff.
    Hay guys/gals has any one hit the trails at BB or franklin fall lately?
    Do I need studs or not?
    thanks

mtbr member
    I live fairly close to BB. Two buddies went last Sunday, one with studs and one without. Studs, helped. I bet with the thaw some trails, like the xc ski trials still have some ice.
    12 Scalpel 2
    10 Super Six
    09 Rize 3 - Retired
    11 EMD 9 - Retired

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Bear Brook......

Studs definitely recommended on Salt Lick and Bear Brook Trails. Once you get past those upwards to Carriage, Bobcat, Chipmunk and Hemlock the trails are spotty and rideable with low pressure. Did not even attempt Cascade. Note to self....do not take Little Bear downhill studs or not = wipeout on the final turn!!

Quote Originally Posted by SHICKS View Post
    I live fairly close to BB. Two buddies went last Sunday, one with studs and one without. Studs, helped. I bet with the thaw some trails, like the xc ski trials still have some ice.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys I will try and head down this week. Any one planing on hitting the trails this week?