Thread: Bear Brook

mtbr member

Bear Brook

Anyone been out recently? wondering about mud out on the I trail bear hill area.

Planned route is hiker biker -->pitch pine-->new trail (?hemlock)-->snowmo-->pitch pine-->sand pit,pond -->salt lick

at this point thinking chipmunk or broken boulder down towards I trail and bear hill or could just head across podunk to hayes and hit up all the usuals off carr ridge. thoughts? Don't get the pleasure of BB much and have never had a map in my pocket. so any suggestions appreciated. Andy

the train keeps rollin
    trails are dry for the most part, occasional slop.

Here's a good loop.

Start Toll Booth. ride singletrack left or right of the fireroad. take Brook Trail to hiker biker, take Salt Lick to Hemlocks, ride all 3 of them, then take double track to Beaver Pond trail, then go up Lynx, then connect to I-trail, then connect to Bear Hill, go through hayes field to Carr Ridge Trail, take the singletrack now right of the fire road back. 20 + miles, ride most of the good stuff. This is more of a weekend ride, but get'rrr done.
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i just got back from a ride there today. place is very dry. even the horse poop is dry

i parked at podunk road, went pitch pine out behind the sand dunes, thru the campground to lynx, came back on podunk and did ledge and little bear

mtbr member
    thanks for the recs drifter...appreciated. love that place. rode willowdale in ipswich mass today with my wife. As far as the buff goes, what a great place. Look forward to having 1/2 a clue there as when i stumble onto the right stuff it is glorious. ferns, trees, green, perfect smooth ST. life is good.

mtbr member
    went there last week trails are pretty good. wish they would trim back bear hill trail though, getting so overgrown. We did..... hemlock out to spruce pond, up pitchpine to broken boulder, down chipmunk took the short way out onto podunk, up bearhill, down the other side, carr ridge, an then bear brook trail back to the p-lot.

Does anyone know of an alternate route down bear hill? I noticed a singletrack while I was out there I think it was off ferret trail looked like it came down the back side of bear hill or something.
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp