mtbr member

Anyone here do duathlons/triathlons?

I am taking over the off-road triathlon in Hanover, NH next summer and am also looking at the possibility of putting on other events. I really like off-road duathlons becuase it gives people who are scared of, or have no interest in, the swim leg of triathlons. I have some ideas already rolling in my head for routes at Bear Brook. These would be on the shorter side distance wise, 2 mile run/5-6 mile bike/2 mile run, but use some the the really fun trails.

mtbr member
    Great news re: Hanover; I hope it works out well for you. Please consider changing the run course to include some singletrack, or at least some technical sections.

Duathlons sound fun too, though I seem to be one of the minority group that really likes the swim leg of a tri. Are you still considering a tri at one of the NH state parks?

mtbr member
    If Hanover goes well I will look at creating another off-road tri for sure. As a side note we are adding a duathlon to the Saturday races to run at the same time as the short course tri in Hanover.

Fat on Willand Pond
    Is there a website or more info on the 2013 Hanover event? May be interested in branching out this year into something different. Have entered the VT 50 and Hampshire 100 in the past and would like to maybe push a little harder on a dual or tri!
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    07 Rocky Mtn Solo
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Stoaked Triathlon and registration is open on Active.com which you can link to from the site. Hope to see you there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Would love a series of off road duathalons.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Also, if you need help in northern VT let me know. We have some great venues up here.

mtbr member
    Franklin Falls is in my mind for a Fall duathlon.

Endurance Junkie
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jjabkrvt View Post
    Also, if you need help in northern VT let me know. We have some great venues up here.
    For a du, yes. For a tri, no. I was close to trying to put on an XTerra at Millstone before life got in the way. There are very few places that have good biking and the swim component as well.

mtbr member
    I raced stoaked short tri this year and loved it. Looking forward to it next year. I'm glad someone stepped up. Thank you.
    12 Scalpel 2
    10 Super Six
    09 Rize 3 - Retired
    11 EMD 9 - Retired

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Franconia Notch has a great tri every year on the first Saturday in August. It's called the "Top Notch Triathlon". It is the toughest sprint tri I've ever heard of. The swim is after the bike segment, across echo lake, then the run is only 2.5 miles long, to the top of Cannon Mt!