Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroKlein View Post
    PHP is 100% open and about 99% bone dry. Our trails recover and dry out super fast.

One a side note, if you do come to visit and bring a dog, there is a leash law in the park. It's for your pet and other visitors' safety. I'm starting to get really chaffed about all the animals running around without owners control. Please be considerate.
    Good luck with that request my friend...i'm there several times a week and it's rare to see a dog ON a leash these days... My wife and I take the dog there quite a bit but she's never off-leash, nor was our last dog. That's our society today..I do what I want because its what I want and the rules don't apply to me. Funny, i've NEVER seen any of those dog owners show up for a trail work day..hmmm.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jlkvt View Post
    Good luck with that request my friend...i'm there several times a week and it's rare to see a dog ON a leash these days... My wife and I take the dog there quite a bit but she's never off-leash, nor was our last dog. That's our society today..I do what I want because its what I want and the rules don't apply to me. Funny, i've NEVER seen any of those dog owners show up for a trail work day..hmmm.
    Just an FYI, a lot those people are probably doing it out of ignorance. I didn't know there was a leash law at PHP until right now and a quick search of the PHP website reveals nothing about a dog policy.

mtbr member
    There has been signage up indicating that dogs need to be on a leash for at least the 4 years that i've been riding there and I politely tell every person I see with a dog running loose that they are supposed to be on a leash and most reply that I should mind my own business...

I should also indicate that most of the people with dogs running loose i've seen there many, many times so not many can claim the "first time here" ignorance either.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    There is and has been signage at the trailhead. I stopped "telling" people because none of them give a darn. I used to walk my dog up there (on leash), but after several run ins with off leash dogs I no longer do. Many of these "friendly" and "well behaved" off leash dogs are far from it.

That's enough about this issue on this thread. I'm stepping off my soap box.
    Last edited by RetroKlein; 04-23-2013 at 02:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Hi guys, I really don't want to stir things up here, but I usually go to Pine Hill Park once or twice a year, coming from Canada. I really enjoy riding there having discovered the place maybe 4 years ago. The last 2 times I went, I was with my wife and my dog. I kept my dog on a leash for the first part of the trails up to junction 9. I specifically asked the person at the bike shop (where I paid for both my wife and I) if it was okay to have my dog with me on the trails. He said "no problem at all". Signs might have been there but I honestly don't remember seing any. I'll pay close attention if I ever go back again. One thing I must add is that every time I've been there, it was on a week day, mostly on Fridays. We have never seen more than 8 to 10 people during our 2 to 3 hours rides. I have never heard anyone mention (to us anyway) that my dog should be on a leash. Our dog is our do-everything partner. But I do understand the concerns, specially if the weekends get crowded over there (I don't know). If off-leash dogs aren't allowed, then I guess I won't go to PHP anymore. I'm not one to "challenge" these sort of things.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydrz View Post
    Hi guys, I really don't want to stir things up here, but I usually go to Pine Hill Park once or twice a year, coming from Canada. I really enjoy riding there having discovered the place maybe 4 years ago. The last 2 times I went, I was with my wife and my dog. I kept my dog on a leash for the first part of the trails up to junction 9. I specifically asked the person at the bike shop (where I paid for both my wife and I) if it was okay to have my dog with me on the trails. He said "no problem at all". Signs might have been there but I honestly don't remember seing any. I'll pay close attention if I ever go back again. One thing I must add is that every time I've been there, it was on a week day, mostly on Fridays. We have never seen more than 8 to 10 people during our 2 to 3 hours rides. I have never heard anyone mention (to us anyway) that my dog should be on a leash. Our dog is our do-everything partner. But I do understand the concerns, specially if the weekends get crowded over there (I don't know). If off-leash dogs aren't allowed, then I guess I won't go to PHP anymore. I'm not one to "challenge" these sort of things.

Cheers
    I don't know about everyone else but personally, I looove diggin dookie out of my treads!!

mtbr member
    802spokestoke, if my dog craps ON the trail (which rarely happens) I pick it up and leave no trace. Even during winter when we x-country ski or snowshoe in the woods. I too, don't want dog poop under my shoes or on my tires.

Icebiker
    I'm heading up after Christmas for some boarding. Wanted to squeeze in a ride at Pine Hill later this week. Anyone know what the trails are like now? Any snow left? if so, icy I assume? or is it frozen dirt? Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2