Thread: Another KT trip

mtbr member

Another KT trip

Heading to KT tonight. Hoping for some awesome foliage riding the next few days. Second trip of the season for us.

mtbr member
    Hope its dried out a bit since last friday here is what it looked like then

mtbr member
    Hope so but no worries. We will still have fun.

mtbr member
    Last friday proved that even if its wet and muddy if you have the right crew and the right attitude nothing else matters. Also go eat at Willys when your down its the best!

unpossibles
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain48 View Post
    Last friday proved that even if its wet and muddy if you have the right crew and the right attitude nothing else matters. Also go eat at Willys when your down its the best!
    Damn right. I was glad that some of you guys were as beat as me so I had someone to walk the last bunch of hills with.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain48 View Post
    Agreed. Our whole crew is more about the riding than the weather.

Have been skiing at Burke now for 30 years. I know Willys well. Great burgers. I also spent many dollars in the original Willys. Did a few pig roasts up in the loft.

backwoods and backwards
    I'm heading up Friday morning... going to pre- ride the trails on the enduro course.

Willys over-cooked my burger the last two times I went. Super bummed!
    Last edited by MOJO K; 10-10-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    Moonbeam's compost-powered hybrid generates a respectable 32 fruit flies per rotting banana peel.

mtbr member
    Sitting in the Burke Bike Barn enjoying some Trout River Scottish Ale listening to some jazz with my wife reading MBA. Can it get any better?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_SL2 View Post
    Damn right. I was glad that some of you guys were as beat as me so I had someone to walk the last bunch of hills with.
    You dont look like your struggling
    Quote Originally Posted by likeaboss View Post
    Agreed. Our whole crew is more about the riding than the weather.

Have been skiing at Burke now for 30 years. I know Willys well. Great burgers. I also spent many dollars in the original Willys. Did a few pig roasts up in the loft.
    I just fond out how sweet East Burke is this year been there six times and wouldnt count out one last trip for the year its been a blast every time!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    I'm heading up Friday morning... going to pre- ride the trails on the enduro course.

Willys over-cooked my burger the last two times I went. Super bummed!
    That sucks they have been pretty good for me love the home made dressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by likeaboss View Post
    Sitting in the Burke Bike Barn enjoying some Trout River Scottish Ale listening to some jazz with my wife reading MBA. Can it get any better?
    Dont think so

Competent User
    I'm still beat.

mtbr member
    What a great trip. Weather forecast looked pretty ugly. It rained just about every night but was dry during the day except for some snow squaws on Saturday. We rode 3 days and had a blast. Nothing outrageous but ended up doing about 35mi. between those 3 days. Just right for us old folks

Good food at Willys and good beer from Trout River. Wanted to check out the enduro but we never made it.

Our best day was from the Burke Bike Barn out Whites School to Herbs and up to the road. On the road up to Mountain View Farm. We then took Bemis and descended Todys Tour. Next was Eager Beaver, River Run, West Branch, Hog Back, Sidewinder, West Bench, Old Webs, Violets Outback, Jaw, Maxila, Sugar Hill, Ridge, Heavens Bench. We then crossed the road back to Bemis and returned to Mountain View Farm, down the road to hit Kitchel and then back White School to the Barn. This circuit gave us some pretty great riding with minimal puddles. First time riding Jaw and the vanishing bridge.

Here is a photo a friend took. That's my buddy doing the almighty pose. I am the one doing the Zoolander pose with my wife in the green.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another KT trip-img951043.jpg  

Last edited by likeaboss; 10-18-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Go Bruins!
    The dude in the middle is killing me with his rock star/boy band pose. Good to hear that KT gave you the weekend you deserved despite mother nature trying to snatch the last remaining riding days away.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ooctrl View Post
    The dude in the middle is killing me with his rock star/boy band pose. Good to hear that KT gave you the weekend you deserved despite mother nature trying to snatch the last remaining riding days away.
    LOL, that's me doing my best Zoolander. I think I might have been shifting my weight when she snapped the photo. I would hate to think I look that gay(not that there is anything wrong with that!). I am sure my wife would punch me if I did this frequently.

I can confirm that I am looking at my wife's ass.
    Last edited by likeaboss; 10-15-2012 at 06:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ooctrl View Post
    Come on dude thats Blue Steal

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Heading up to KT from Southern Pennsylvania next Wednesday, can't wait!
    We'll be stopping in Northern CT for a day and hitting some local dirt first...

backwoods and backwards
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Ray View Post
    Heading up to KT from Southern Pennsylvania next Wednesday, can't wait!
    We'll be stopping in Northern CT for a day and hitting some local dirt first...
    Where in CT?
    Moonbeam's compost-powered hybrid generates a respectable 32 fruit flies per rotting banana peel.

fliernh
    Aug 2008
    Was at KT yesterday. It was GREAT. Sure, some left over wet but mostly very nice. Supposed to rain Friday but good luck and have fun.
    13 Stumpy FSR Expert Carbon 29
    09 FSR Stumpy S-Works
    11 Surly Pugsley
    04 Klein Attitude Race

mtbr member

KT Always.......

...delivers....these posts bring me back to my trips there...Thanks......noticing trail features....guessing what trails they are.....here is a pic from near the church...off to the side...kinda of a hidden spot....and we always visit the "lake" in the 2nd pic on every KT trip......Ride On!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another KT trip-060.jpg  

Another KT trip-340.jpg  

There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Ellington (from there) may hit Soapstone, or Peaked in MA

backwoods and backwards
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Ray View Post
    Ellington (from there) may hit Soapstone, or Peaked in MA
    Don't nkow how often you come back, but I live in Somers and can tell you a lot of Soapstone is pretty blown up now with moto / 4x4 traffic. There's still going to be those techy mtb lines on all the trails so it can be a lot of fun...jut not very pretty anymore. It's to the point now that you can ride there guilt free in the bad weather 'cause the damage is already done.

Seems more group rides go to Robinson and BatchelorSt than Snip.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    Don't nkow how often you come back, but I live in Somers and can tell you a lot of Soapstone is pretty blown up now with moto / 4x4 traffic. There's still going to be those techy mtb lines on all the trails so it can be a lot of fun...jut not very pretty anymore. It's to the point now that you can ride there guilt free in the bad weather 'cause the damage is already done.

Seems more group rides go to Robinson and BatchelorSt than Snip.
    I literally grew up 5 minutes from the Gulf Road Entrance at Soapstone. Try to get up a few times a year for family visits but not always able to ride...May hit parts of Snip too we'll see.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    KT was the best this weekend... I really wish I lived closer than a 9 hour drive!
    The weather was perfect Friday and Saturday, and so were the trails.
    I especially loved Pound Cake and Sky Dive, and of course Sidewinder!
    Legs were totally cooked after 30+ Friday and 20+ Saturday but still well worth it.