mtbr member
    Jul 2009

After work ride today,9/21? Pawtuckaway?

Anybody care to show a semi-new to the area guy around, or any other areas close? Yeah, late notice, sorry... Been riding FOMBA mostly since it's so well marked and such, and have done Ft Rock a couple times too. Heard Pawtuckaway is pretty buggy, but that should have calmed down by now I'd think...
    Figure about 4:30-5 start, depending on where?

-J

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    So it's kinda slow at work so might get out a bit earlier, 4-ish? I'm fine with solo, but can anybody comment on the best route? Looking at the map, I'm thinking of starting out from Reservation Rd... Maybe head out clockwise on N Mt Tr, N Mt Tr Bypass, Boulder, S Ridge, Shaw, Split Rock, Woronoco, Mt Tr.... Thoughts?

Go Bruins!
    I would ride that loop in the opposite direction, but there is one tough climb on shaw going that way. It's better than a tough one on north mt, and south ridge then climbing all of mountain trail at the end. That's about 10-12 miles round trip at that place and will take a decent rider around two hours.

Finding the north mt bypass at the end is a little tricky. After climbing boulder, you'll hit a fire road. Stay right and climb up fire road and look for a double track on right after .5 miles or so. Climb that double track staying right the whole way and you'll hit the bypass all the way down to north mountain trail. Stay right again go down, climb up, take a left by the gate, go down really fast and come out by the first orange gates on reservation road. Have fun. I personally don't think Pawtuckaway gets the love it deserves with so many other options near by.
    Get out and ride even when you don't want to because ten minutes into the ride you'll be glad you did.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks! that's exactly what I needed! Hard to judge which direction was better by just the map... Looking forward to it. It's actually the closest to the house so I'm hoping it's at least marginally fun, heck anything beats sitting in the office!