Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The 12 Hours of Millstone | Saturday July 30th, 2011

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  antonio 
#1 ·
#6 ·
A good race. Very well ran. About 100 folks showed up to ride so it was a small race. The course was pretty killer. Very technical very fun with a solid amount of climbing. I'd say it was about 80%+ of singletrack. I rode it solo and was doing great until about hour 10 when my body melted down and said no more. I think I ended up with 10 laps.

#7 ·
It was a great race on a true mountain bike course, as one would expect at Millstone. 80% singletrack sounds about right. One thing I really liked about the course was that it eased up (relatively speaking) as you got further into the lap.
All of the amenities were satisfactory or better, and the BBQ was quite delicious.
I was on a team of 2. We completed 13 laps by 8:10pm. (11 hours, 10 minutes)

#8 ·
Great to hear. I've raced the Bradbury 12 several years now (maybe using the word "raced" is a bit of a stretch) and I've always thought it was very well organized with a fun course. Glad to hear that translated over to this race. Will have to do this one next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.