mtbr member
    Jun 2009

12 Hours of Bradbury

anyone doing the 12 hours of Bradbury up in Casco Bay? the team relay...

just curious what to expect in terms of scene and course

sinner
    Jan 2007
    Doing it for the 3rd time this year. Super Fun race. Course is a reverse from the last few years. Fast rolling terrain. Not too tech, but still New England. Turns into a pretty festive scene towards the end of the race. Good times for sure.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    awesome...sounds fun, thanks

MC MasterShake
    Pretty fun course. No major hills, lots of singletrack, a good bit of roots, good atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

aka Gumbo
    Apr 2006
    I'm doing the Master's solo. Have no idea how 12 hours will go but it will certainly be a challenge. It took me almost 6 hours to do the Root66 Landmine Classic 50 miler at Wompatuck a week ago. It is my first time doing a timed distance event. Sounds like a great event. I have a an old friend who is active with the trails up there who I will be reconnecting with after a long time. He is racing but in a 4-man team.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Expect a little bit of mud. We got pounded with rain last night.....but as of noon time the clouds have parted and the drying has started. I may grab a lap on the course tonight, we'll see.

mtbr member
    90% dry 10% deep f'n puddles

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mcandy View Post
    90% dry 10% deep f'n puddles
    tonight was more like 60% dry and 40% deep puddles. there is also a shat load of debris on the trails from last nights winds

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wgerow View Post
    tonight was more like 60% dry and 40% deep puddles. there is also a shat load of debris on the trails from last nights winds
    Dammit! I am usually accused of exaggeration so I was trying to be conservative. Bring your favorite drive train maintainence goodies Saturday ladies and gents

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    We had excellent drying conditions yesterday, I am sure more drying progress happened. Overcast and cloudy so far today. I don't think it will be bad. bit of mud and water isn't a big deal. I am really glad the forecast looks dry.....there are so many roots in there now that riding when its wet out is like riding on ice covered with an inch of snow.