Single Speed Junkie

X-5 Ejected of the back of the car.

When driving home after a nice ride the X-5 was bucked off the back of the car over a speed hump. The bike sounded as if it was completely trashed after this happened. When I waled back and started looking things over I noticed that the bars were about 9 degrees off, thats it. No other damage! not even a scratch on the finish. Guess that I had two things working in my favor. One I got lucky and two Sherwood makes some stout bikes.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    great to hear! though had it been a 29er it would have fallen off and jumped back on the car and you may never have known anything happened

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Geeze..........thats kinda extreme for an excuse to get a new Ventana ! TIG.

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    great to hear! though had it been a 29er it would have fallen off and jumped back on the car and you may never have known anything happened
    Yea, Sherwood keeps teasing me with a new a New El Ray every time I go to their site to look up specs for our customers. The Black Sheep is lonely in the big wheel club around here.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    glad it "landed" ok.... I guess your nerves were crushed for the 5 seconds it took you to get off the car to check

Team Fearless Descender
    These are the things of my nightmares...

I transport my bikes on one of two vehicles. On the roof of one (Yakima fork mount) and in the bed of my truck (also fork mount). It’s always in the back of my mind, especially on long road trips (to Colorado and back, from S. Cal), or even just up to the local trail. I know things are tight, and all secure, but I’ve more than once pulled over, “just to double check”.

I’m glad all is OK.
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff