Just A Mountain Biker.

WWYD? (Bike Discussion)

Well, I find myself at Chicago Midway Airport with some time to kill, so here goes;

I have a 2009-ish El Terremoto. Lately, I have gotten the itch to do something else, not completely sold on 650b after riding one, I think I will stick with 26" wheels for a while longer. I also have some high end parts on my Terremoto, and I want to keep them around a while longer too (CCDBA, SIXC carbon cranks, Hope Tech X2's, Dave's Speed Dream wheels, etc.). Naturally, I am thinking about the Ventana trade-in program, but the closest I could get to that bike is a Ciclon. Easy-peasy, for the most part my stuff will swap right over. But, the more I think about it, the reason I want to change is because I want a decent dropper post so I need a bigger ST, as well as cable guides and a fresh coat of paint. Otherwise I love my bike, the 160 travel, my -1 degree works HS.

I have asked Teresa for a quote on the refurb program, and I already have my information on the Ciclon trade-in. Just curious, for those of you that still actually come to this forum, WWYD?

I got the pass from the wifey to get a new bike of my choosing, but damn for a high end aluminum build its 5k, or for that money you can get a low-end carbon build. I just have a problem with that, prices are rising so fast and it seems the kit quality isn't rising with it. The way I see it is I already have a high end aluminum build and spending a couple g's to spruce it up is a better and more fulfilling alternative...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    26" isn't dead, it just got FAT

Ultra Ventanaphile
    I am sold on 650B . Been riding one since 2008 ( First on converted Marble Peak, then on dedicated Hardtail) Saving my $$ for a Zeus or Alpino.

BUT! Based on what you wrote, I'd go refub, which is what I did back in '09 for my then 8 year old Bruja V1. Been super happy with that decision. (I had them replace Seattube with a longer one, and added taco gusset, and then refurb the rest of frame (Pivots, bearings etc) and fresh PC the whole thing.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
    +1

Buy my Alpino

change is good
    Sep 2004

WWYD? (Bike Discussion)

Low end carbon is not fun. I'm not a carbon hater. I've had or have carbon parts but have had bad luck with frames. Get a Zeus and have Dave lace your hubs to Derby rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

No known cure
    I'm going the refurb route and rebuilt/tuned suspension. I may inquire about a larger headtube. A new frame isn't going to make me decend quicker and I don't care about climbing faster.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker4life View Post
    +1

Buy my Alpino
    You got a link buddy?
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    You got a link buddy?
    Here you go:
    Ventana Alpino Frame Frame Only 650B 27 5 XL 21" | eBay
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women