CEO Product Failure

New question here. where do old Ventanas go to die?

Aron? T?

What happens to used Ventana frames people trade in toward new bikes? Is the metal recycled? I could imagine a very happy junk guy roaming the streets of Sac with parts of Ventana frames in his shopping cart.

I ask because in less than 18 months, my 14yr old went from piloting a 12" HomegrownPro to a 17" SC Blur and is now feeling comfortable riding my XL sized bikes. Doing the math, he went from 5'5" in April 2011 and is now 6'+. I own 2 other Ventanas so I figured a used Ventana is a safe bet--if he out grows it, I can keep it as a rain bike.

Are auction sites and classifieds the only resource for a lightly used Ventana?

Thanks,

-B

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    It would be a shame if the serviceable trade-in frames are trashed/recycled.
    Get it unlocked.

Ultra Ventanaphile
    Didn't realize you asked me. I believe the majority do get recycled. It's got to be a liability issue or something along those lines but I'm not really sure.
    -Aaron G.

"Before D.W., "anti-squat" was referred to as pedal feedback."

Proud lame eBiker
    Sometimes they'll keep a few rare pieces around just in that rare case someone needs something for a ten year old bike and they're not ready to cash in the trade in program. But yeah, anything that's beat on and not in pristine condition get chop chopped and recycled.

It's the harsh reality of life....
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    A few years ago I was on the look out for a Ventana, couldn't really afford a new frame so had been looking at all the "for sale" . It was suggested I contact Sherwood, did and he had a Salty that was a trade-in and was in good enough condition for him to be confortable selling again. I enjoyed it very much until just recently.

I would give Ventana a call they might have something available. Plus it's always nice/interesting talking to him

CEO Product Failure
    Thanks for the responses.

-B

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by moclan View Post
    A few years ago I was on the look out for a Ventana, couldn't really afford a new frame so had been looking at all the "for sale" . It was suggested I contact Sherwood, did and he had a Salty that was a trade-in and was in good enough condition for him to be confortable selling again. I enjoyed it very much until just recently.

I would give Ventana a call they might have something available. Plus it's always nice/interesting talking to him
    This.

I was able to buy back my Cuervo frame I traded in (that frame gets a second chance--only built it up never rode it, but get to next season). So you never know.