Thread: What's a HOMER

mtbr member

What's a HOMER

Just wondering, 'cause I see the term thrown around a lot on this forum. I get the impression that Homer is a derogatory term for a Turner rider, but what's the significance? Is just a cool jab from the Ventanaphiles, or does the whole MTB community get to riff on them thus?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    not a derogatory term by dfinition...it can be used that way...but that is how they call themselves.... there are a couple of threads on the subject in the Homer...er.. Turner Forum..

mtbr member

Ahh yes...

I see. Thanks for the link. I was gonna say that I never hear the term "Homer" used about a Ventanaphile, but that's probably because: 1) I'm a newbee and have not been looking hard/long enough, or 2) I'm mostly on the Ventana forum, so of course I'd have to go over to the Turner forum to hear them talking about "Ventana Homers"...
    (insert "round-head-icon-with-knowing-smile" here)

Captain Underpants
    OT: In all honesty, the Homers on the Turner forum are quite helpful when it comes to technical questions. JC, CC, and others can be quite helpful if you have a technical question, I generally post questions there first, rather than the 29er board.

Having said that, the S/N ratio does tend to be fairly low sometimes (as it does on the 29er board), lots of inside jokes, baiting Fo Chizzle. . etc . . you get the idear.